What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a good crab leg story for another day) got home and (here is the suppliment part) and it was a race to the toilet.. it was like I drank some colonoscopy prep.. holy cow....I'll never take that again (acetal l carnatine)
Try that stuff at your own risk.
My wife has to drink that dreadful stuff soon. I used to have colonoscopies, but my anal doc said that past the age of 70 they no longer recommend it. I suspect there's a conspiracy afoot to get rid of us old folks one way or another.

Made the mistake of doing some channel surfing and came across the TV reality show by an enterprising dermatologist called "The Pimple Popper". Talk about risking brain damage!

(Wanna get back at the doctor who is performing your colonoscopy? Tell them you drank all the stuff when you actually didnt'!)

My wife has to drink that dreadful stuff soon. I used to have colonoscopies, but my anal doc said that past the age of 70 they no longer recommend it. I suspect there's a conspiracy afoot to get rid of us old folks one way or another.

Made the mistake of doing some channel surfing and came across the TV reality show by an enterprising dermatologist called "The Pimple Popper". Talk about risking brain damage!

(Wanna get back at the doctor who is performing your colonoscopy? Tell them you drank all the stuff when you actually didnt'!)
After 70..Hmmmm...at 68, I think I'll pass....

Fippy was in the living room with Mom when the cat fights happened. But I did set up a new waterer for him in Mom's bathroom. He got excited when he saw that I had a comb so he wagged his tail and I combed his fur and scritched his back near his tail.

Last time I ate at Red Lobster the food was terrible and I got food poisoning.

My dad only lived to be 61. His sister only lived to be 54. Their dad only lived to be 62. I believe great grandfather only lived to 60s as well. I'll probably make it to 50 but don't expect or want to make it to 60.

My fever came back and the ear infection somehow got to my other ear. Swollen gland behind the other ear now. First ear feels a lot better at least, but now the 2nd one.... It hurts to yawn or chew. Went to drink some milk and its gone sour. Will have to go to the store tomorrow to get some more stuff. My fever broke already and I'm sweating like crazy. Cats had another fight this morning. They took it up on the counter and knocked down a glass measuring cup that has shattered all over the floor. I still need to pick it up but felt woozy so I'm lying down about to put in some more ear drops.

Could you take a pic for us showing the inside of the hinge, and how it is removed? I'm just curious how that heavy thing is hinged. I'm sure the horizontal bolts lock the door from opening when closed.

Could you take a pic for us showing the inside of the hinge, and how it is removed? I'm just curious how that heavy thing is hinged. I'm sure the horizontal bolts lock the door from opening when closed.
It's like removing the door off a Jeep Wrangler... Open the door and lift it off. But my safe door weighs 99 pounds.

So, last night the internet went out. Long story short, somehow the internet cable (proprietary to Starlink) got cut in half outside. Ugh.
Bro set his phone up as a mobile hotspot so I could order a new cable $130 plus 10.45% tax. Yeesh.
Then bro dropped his phone less than 2ft and the screen broke-- damaged the digitizer. Used amazon reward points to order a new one and have mine setup as a hotspot. It's slooooooow. And bro named the network "cats lick buttholes".

Went to walmart early for curbside pickup. was nauseous the whole time. Bro had to handle loading and unloading stuff. Mom has an appointment later this afternoon and I think I'm going to nap soon.

Mom's appointment went well. Her bp and bg are good. The NP gave some more tips about her insulin pump. We went to Walmart afterward so she could pick out something to eat tonight since I'm only up to microwaving stuff. I was waiting in line for awhile and she took off and when it was our turn to go up she was nowhere in sight so I had to let people go ahead of me. Right after I moved to the back of the line she showed up again, chugging along in the riding cart and giving me stinkeye. I explained that I wasn't going to start checking out if I couldn't find her. Fortunately the line was short and a self checkout opened up quickly. Got everything loaded up and came home. Had to help her get inside and then got stuff from the truck and put it away. Got her some food and then ate some pulled pork sammiches. Fippy was at my feet just waiting for some scraps.

I've got confirmation that the cable for the Starlink thing has been shipped via UPS and is in IL. The phone for my brother is sadly being shipped via Fedex and is in NJ. I don't think his phone will be on time.

Still using my phone as a hotspot but it is sloooooow.

Actually seems like a good trick, wonder how permanent that would be.
Look man…….I gave you a valuable tip that I wasn’t suppose to reveal and it’s probably going to earn me a ass whipping from all the other pros so don’t ask me any questions.

Telfon thing would work if the O-rings don't break. Brittle o-rings are no fun.

So, we think that between some stormy weather with high winds and with trees up against the house that the Staliink cable got pulled loose and slapped around on the side of the house and against the overhang of the metal roof until it got cut all the way through. Not really sure though. There are a ton of holes in the siding where the cable beat against it. So, need to get siding replaced. Ugh.

Yesterday started out as a crapshoot. We'd run out of mobile data for hotspot. McDonalds messed up the order more than once. I fell halfway into a trash can. Just not having the best day. Brother's new phone arrived while I was napping. Oh, did I mention we got mail and the envelope that was supposed to have his phone case was empty-- had never been sealed-- and had a stamp from the post office saying "Received with No Contents". So he called Amazon and they are supposed to send a new one today.

I had just finished changing Mom's insulin cartridge when I saw UPS roll up. I got so excited I forgot to put on pants before I went out. I did remember to put them on before going to get my friend. For some Mexican food, booze, and nicotine patches I got him to climb the tower and get on the roof (Ok, he would have done it without those things but I wanted to show him I appreciated him). Old cord was easier to remove than we thought and got new one in. But it was a pita getting the new cable run. He got the pole fixed at least. I suggested tethering part of the cable to the tower and then tethering to existing cable ties on the wall. It is still caught up on a tree-- neither of us could dislodge it safely. I need to cut that tree down anyway. but it isn't able to slap against the edge of the roof.

Friend taped the new cable to the old cut off one and helped the proprietary end get through the hole in the wall. I had to wade through the empty bottles mom filled the room with and get to the wall to pull cable through. Then I had to bodysurf over the bottles to get the cable over to her desk. I got it plugged in, turned on, and friend confirmed it worked. I took him back home and then went to Walmart briefly.

Left ear is still giving me some trouble but its not as bad.

I was so excited to have internet back that I stayed up all night and I need to put ear drops in and take a nap.

I had to wade through the empty bottles mom filled the room with and get to the wall to pull cable through. Then I had to bodysurf over the bottles to get the cable over to her desk
You probably know what I am going to say, but just think how the firemen will feel while trying to find your mom when your house is fully engulfed because a cat ate one of the electrical wires, and have caused a fire.

Don't go out to Micky D's for just one day and get that room clear of obstructions. Do it for your mom!

Back