What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was getting school supplies for my friend's daughter bc he couldn't afford it. The school board gets 3% of the 10.45% sales and service tax here but the school demanded over $70 worth of supplies plus $15 cash for "activity fee". I remember when they used to only ask for pencils. Now they want pencils, colored pencils, binders, binder dividers, paper, paper covers, glue sticks, highlighters, pens, clorox wipes, kleenex tissues, etc. I don't know how people with multiple kids can afford it. Hell, with the income in this area, even with one kid the parents can't afford it. It's not like they give the teachers decent wages to make up for it. All the $$$ goes to school board officials.
And even after all of this, the education of our kids is getting in the public education system is deplorable at best!

Last edited:
I fired up this song just now, and realized how much I liked it. I just had too....I moved the volume bar to max at 6am, because that song has to be played loud!

Love it!

Bought this safe for $1 on an online auction... I knew it was going to be heavy but didn't expect it to be this large... It's 34" tall and 22" wide and 22" deep. Also heavier than I thought.

Attachments

• Safe won 1 2.png
    Safe won 1 2.png
    392.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240720_181349.jpg
    20240720_181349.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240720_181327.jpg
    20240720_181327.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Yes a good safe has some weight to it. They usually gave a wierd sequence for the combo though.
I can change the combo too... It looks real easy to do. I will refinish it when I move into my next house.

I wish I knew who made it??? I want to find out how heavy it actually is.

I can change the combo too... It looks real easy to do. I will refinish it when I move into my next house.

I wish I knew who made it??? I want to find out how heavy it actually is.
I took another look... that is some very thick stuff, looks like an interior door. That thing has to weigh a ton. They usually say to bolt them to the floor so they can't just be moved out.

I took another look... that is some very thick stuff, looks like an interior door. That thing has to weigh a ton. They usually say to bolt them to the floor so they can't just be moved out.
If I remove the door and weigh it, how many times should I multiply that to see approximately how much the safe weighs??

I'd throw it in a truck and run by some commercial scales. Then take it out and run the truck thru the scales again. Around here it costs about $5 a load without a certified receipt, which you don't care about.

I'd throw it in a truck and run by some commercial scales. Then take it out and run the truck thru the scales again. Around here it costs about $5 a load without a certified receipt, which you don't care about.
Depends on how hard it is to get that beast back into the truck...
But good idea.
I'd hesitate on taking the door off, you might not get it back on.

Depends on how hard it is to get that beast back into the truck...
But good idea.
I'd hesitate on taking the door off, you might not get it back on.
I had to drag it onto my trailer with a cable winch to get it home... I can't see any markings on it anywhere.

Back