What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a earc system also, but probably not worth the cost since we use the option that puts stereo sound to all the speakers. Kind of defeats the purpose, but it still sounds good and we can actually hear what there saying.. (sucks to get old)
Sony Bravia 9 Theater Bar and SA-SW5 subwoofer eARC'd to the Sony K-65XR90 TV. Not as good as discreet 7.1 but some of the Dolby ATMOS flicks sound pretty good. I intend to get the wireless rear speakers when the new Administration lowers my taxes.

As for your filling in a duplex outlet gap in drywall, just get a scrap piece of drywall, some screws and a few pieces of scrap wood. Screw the lumber into the backside of the hole, add the drywall piece, and glue/screw that in place and finish. Plenty of videos on the topic.
Yep. Video's galore and, of course, there are high dollar "kits" for sale everywhere that do just what you say. Thanks for the tip!

Yep. Video's galore and, of course, there are high dollar "kits" for sale everywhere that do just what you say. Thanks for the tip!
1x4 and screws, if you do it all right and get your cut in pieces to fit pretty tight, you will have minimal mud work. I just did 9 intercom holes and various odd size alarm piece holes.

1x4 and screws, if you do it all right and get your cut in pieces to fit pretty tight, you will have minimal mud work. I just did 9 intercom holes and various odd size alarm piece holes.
Sounds like a plan. As a temp fix I put a piece of off-white poster paper with folded-over Scotch tape at each corner to cover the hole. I’ll get the 1x4 and scrap drywall later on today.

So, ever since the power outage, my AC has not been cooling. The compressor didn't even kick back on and I had to shut it off at the thermostat and then shut the breaker off. Waited about 10min, turned breaker back on. Waited another 10 min and turned it to Cool on the thermostat. Compressor kicked on but it is still too hot. It won't go below 79 and it's set to cool to 70. The heat is sapping my energy and I'm going to have to see if the AC people will respond again and have them look at it.

Been helping my best friend plan his shed build for his backyard. He wants to have a sewing workshop for his wife along with a little bit of storage.

Right now I've got 3 fans blowing on me to stay cool. Really need to get my ceiling fan fixed too.

So, ever since the power outage, my AC has not been cooling. The compressor didn't even kick back on and I had to shut it off at the thermostat and then shut the breaker off. Waited about 10min, turned breaker back on. Waited another 10 min and turned it to Cool on the thermostat. Compressor kicked on but it is still too hot. It won't go below 79 and it's set to cool to 70. The heat is sapping my energy and I'm going to have to see if the AC people will respond again and have them look at it.

Been helping my best friend plan his shed build for his backyard. He wants to have a sewing workshop for his wife along with a little bit of storage.

Right now I've got 3 fans blowing on me to stay cool. Really need to get my ceiling fan fixed too.
I hear you regarding the need for AC! My experience, at least in my own undersized HVAC environment, is that a heat-soaked house can take several days to stabilize. We’ve got ours set to 78 and on the hottest days it can’t keep up and runs continuously. Do you have an HVAC thermometer that you can stick into the duct work and check the temp drop over the evaporator coils? A twenty degree drop is pretty good.

I hear you regarding the need for AC! My experience, at least in my own undersized HVAC environment, is that a heat-soaked house can take several days to stabilize. We’ve got ours set to 78 and on the hottest days it can’t keep up and runs continuously. Do you have an HVAC thermometer that you can stick into the duct work and check the temp drop over the evaporator coils? A twenty degree drop is pretty good.
I've got a geothermal hvac, and in cooling it will do about 20 degrees, but depends on the incom ing air from the return , if your pulling from near the cieling, it's way hotter up there, so 20 degree drop from up there is not so cool. (They say your suppose to draw from there to get the hot air out)
I use a meat thermometer to check mine, they register faster and you can get remote ones so you don't have to break your back/neck to read it.
But we keep it at 76, any cooler , then we get cold.
But it's 60 outside this morning and I'm enjoying that right now.
All windows and doors are open.

Yep. Windows open here too. When I mentioned the 20 degree drop, I was talking about across the coils themselves. At time's I have used an infrared thermometer to get my readings as well but the thermometer with the little pinpoint probe you stick or prick into the fabric junctions of the duct works the best for me.

Last edited:
Yep. Windows open here too. When I mentioned the 20 degree drop, I was talking about across the coils themselves. At time's I have used an infrared thermometer to get my readings as well but the thermometer with the little pinpoint probe you stick or prick into the fabric junctions of the duct work is the best for me.
I've measured mine at the unit with one probe in the incomming, and one in the outgoing duct. And the 20 -22 degree drop I get there takes about 1 -2 minutes. But at the register, it will take about 5 before it drops to that point. Takes a bit to get that ductwork down to temp.

It's been hot even at night around here until last night, but it was still somewhat warm last night. Or rather, the house stayed warm. AC hasn't worked right since the power outage. She outside unit completely shuts off. It was up to 89 this morning but was 66 outside and the unit was off outside. Went out and checked. Then did the breaker thing again (after turning ac to off at thermostat). It cooled to 77 but won't go lower and keeps going back to 78. Humidity was 72% outside this morning.

Mom sweated so much the adhesive on her canula came off and I had to put a new one on. Used new adhesive patches to reinforce but can't get the clear plastic off the new patch. LOL. Hoping amazon answers will explain how. The instructions were too small to read.

I was absolutely soaked with sweat this morning but at least I only had to make about 3 runs to the bathroom last night instead of 10. Gravy Jones started hugging my leg when it got to 78 and how he's climbing on my chest and headbutting my face.

My friend said he needs to fix up the toddler's room at his place bc CPS might take the kids away from his ex and have him take the toddler and he thinks they might come inspect the living situation. Not sure why they would. Friend may not be the bio dad, but his name is on the birth certificate and he's taken responsibility for him. Not really sure how it would work though.

Helped a neighbor in distress this morning who was cleaning her “Charm Broil” and thought she’d damaged her propane bottle when thick brown sludge spilled onto her deck flooring. She was about ready to call the Volunteer Fire Department when I told her it was several seasons of accumulated grease overflowing the collection cup.

As the wife is having a hen’s night out, I am settling down for one of life’s simple pleasures in the form of a Hungry Man Salisbury Steak Dinner and I have been transported back to a kinder and gentler time,

My mom used to eat a lot of those Hungry Man Salisbury steak dinners. One day she stopped liking them though.

Went to Samsclub and then ate at the Chinese place with my brother. Got takeout for Mom.

AC compressor and fan are running outside but its not cooling anymore. Up to 83 in here. Ugh.

AC compressor and fan are running outside but it’s not cooling anymore. Up to 83 in here. Ugh.
I suspect low to no gas but the compressor, the pump and not just the fan on top of the outside unit, shouldn’t be running on low to pressure. Might have be purely a coincidence that it decided to fail after the power fail. Keep us posted!

I wonder if its not getting full power bc of the surges.
1724439061024.png
I checked the weeds around and cut some of them back as much as I could. Couldn't get all of them bc my tool wouldn't cut them. Ordered a heavier duty hedge trimmer to use and need to find my chainsaw's battery. Although, friend will be the one to use the chainsaw. I don't trust myself with it. I do have a mini 3" or 4" one that I can use.

Got up early and had to do breaker thing again. Outside unit was off again. It came back on and started to cool but then stopped cooling.

After that I cleaned the hallway, cleaned all the litterboxes, dumped the contents out in the burn pile, hauled out 10+ bags of trash (they were piled up in the living room waiting for brother to take them out), took out trash from Mom's bathroom, brought in new box of litter but handle broke, changed hvac filter in brother's room (it has 2 vents with filters-- one in the hallway and one on the perpendicular wall inside brother's room). but his room is so cluttered that most of that vent is covered with trash & clothes.

Preloaded an insulin cartridge for Mom's pump since current one is about empty and should need to be changed within the hour.

Overheated when I was taking stuff outside so I'm cooling off. Going to homedepot later for curbside order. Friend's shower door came in and I ordered some stuff for the yard. landscaping fabric etc.

So, we have been having this high pitched sound.. it's like what you would hear taking a hearing test, a high pitched wine. It would start and last 20 or 30 seconds. We would have to jump up, and look / listen as quickly as we could. Thought, oh great the heat pump blower fan bearing is going.. but finally tracked it to the bathroom. It seemed to happen when the washer was running. So now, it's crap a belt or bearing. I'd hit the stop button and the noise would stop. (Odd coincidence) Then yesterday it seemed to be lasting longer so I get into the bathroom and ., what.. the washer and dryer arnt running.
Ok, now what, I'd swear it's comming from the washer. I turn around and said.. hmm , maybe... I pushed down gently on the toilet handle and the nose fades out ... so this stupid noise is comming from the fill valve.
(Way better than the washer) but you would swear it was comming from accross the room from the washer. Sounds like that drive me NUTS !

My inside AC makes a high -pitched whine as the blower motor is pushing air. Unfortunately, its still not cooling and the AC people haven't called back. My brother was screaming and swearing at me this morning because its not fixed yet.

I did some cleaning and was using a heavy duty large dustpan (large scoop type) that has the handle click to a certain spot to hold it open. As I was emptying it into the trash the handle undocked and bonked me in the head- right in the temple.

Taking a little break after that and need to charge battery on my new tool to go take out some shrubs.

I bought this safe in an auction and looking over it, I can not find any information about it. Can anyone help me figure out who made this safe. There's a number on the handle. 112282... It's 34" tall by 22" wide and deep. It's very heavy too...

Attachments

• 20240720_181327.jpg
    20240720_181327.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240720_181349.jpg
    20240720_181349.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240720_181355.jpg
    20240720_181355.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I bought this safe in an auction and looking over it, I can not find any information about it. Can anyone help me figure out who made this safe. There's a number on the handle. 112282... It's 34" tall by 22" wide and deep. It's very heavy too...
Didn’t you make this same post about a month ago ?

Yes you did, post 7,107 of this same thread.

I don’t have a problem with it but it just seemed familiar.

Back