IPC max drain pipe for w/c ?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foplumbing

Reaction score
I am in florida (modified IPC in use)
I had an inspector/reviewer fail a plan because my layout shows a 4" drainline from a w/c before hitting a 4" house drain. He wants a 3" drain pipe right after the w/c
He provided no code reference

I called to inquire on how a 4" line violates code and apparently I need to prove to him that a 4" pipe is allowed.
Also, according to him, a floor mounted vs wall mounted w/c makes a difference on whether a 4" is compliant

I am in florida (modified IPC in use)
I had an inspector/reviewer fail a plan because my layout shows a 4" drainline from a w/c before hitting a 4" house drain. He wants a 3" drain pipe right after the w/c
He provided no code reference

I called to inquire on how a 4" line violates code and apparently I need to prove to him that a 4" pipe is allowed.
Also, according to him, a floor mounted vs wall mounted w/c makes a difference on whether a 4" is compliant
The inspector is an idiot.

Contact the chief plumbing inspector and demand the code reference that prohibits a 4” drain for a water closet.

Message me his name and number and I’ll call him myself. I’ll wreck him.

The inspector is an idiot.

Contact the chief plumbing inspector and demand the code reference that prohibits a 4” drain for a water closet.

Message me his name and number and I’ll call him myself. I’ll wreck him.
i tried to message you but it won't allow me. I don't wanna put the name/number on blast on the forum

The only reason I can even fathom, based on this comment, would be you have a wall mounted toilet. And he "feels" like the lower amount of water from a wall mounted unit will not provide the motive force to move solids downstream in the larger 4" line.

That's a little stupid as the flow in that line is NEVER a full pipe, so the velocity of the water will be basically the same in a 3" or 4" line.

Like Twowaxhack said, that person is an idiot.

Latest posts

Back