Kohler Pot Filler Faucet Problems?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent a Graze pot filler back to Kohler. They sent me a different model that attached differently. Somewhere on this forum you can find that discussion.

I am not a plumber, I am just a hack homeowner.
I told the guy that in my first post. It’s been discussed on this forum but it’ll be of no use in a court case.

Yeah, if we ever meet up, beers are on me. Same goes to all the professionals who spend countless hours helping other members in here, for nothing more than a thank you!

Yeah but I will concede that I shouldn’t act that way even if it could be argued he deserved it. I’m not really mad about it, I think it’s funny but it’s not a good look if you’re just passing through.

It’s a piss poor Kohler design but it’s legal and it works if properly installed and maintained. I personally think in this guys case if I had to give an opinion is that it wasn’t installed properly.

I assure you it’ll hold 140 psi if it’s installed correctly. You could blame the landscaper and it probably contributed to the failure but I believe there was a flaw in the install and the higher pressure found it.

I think he gave up, or hit the ignor button to many times.. (never seen that button though) I love this forum..
Ben a southerner for 44 years.. first 24 from Upstate NY. I guess that makes me a Dammed Yankee... (but not a stupid one) (but as I get older, maybe the stupid is starting to set in... 😀)

Whoever thought a “faucet” inside the home WITHOUT a sink and drain below was a good idea? Residential pot fillers are a silly gimmick and nothing more simply to make amateur cooks feel professional like they were in a commercial kitchen… which has floor drains by the way! SMH.

Whoever thought a “faucet” inside the home WITHOUT a sink and drain below was a good idea? Residential pot fillers are a silly gimmick and nothing more simply to make amateur cooks feel professional like they were in a commercial kitchen… which has floor drains by the way! SMH.
The ones I install have two shut off valves, sometimes three.

It’s not a problem. It’s convenient not to have to carry a big pot of water to the stove from the sink. Some dishes are served directly from the pot to bowls. This way you’re not lifting a big heavy pot of soup, etc.

But regardless of why, it’s no problem.

My wife is a chef, culinary school, the whole nine yards. She wanted one, she got one. Happy wife, Happy life!

I installed one at my old house, primarily for the "cool" factor. In 5 years I can honestly admit that I never used it. I would haul a pot of water from the sink to the stove and then see the pot filler and say, "Hmm, I guess I could have used this!"

The ones I install have two shut off valves, sometimes three.

It’s not a problem. It’s convenient not to have to carry a big pot of water to the stove from the sink. Some dishes are served directly from the pot to bowls. This way you’re not lifting a big heavy pot of soup, etc.

But regardless of why, it’s no problem.
A couple of examples of things made in large pots and served into bowls! I make the "mother" for the shrimp boils and it is really nice to just swing out the pot filler and run a little water in so I can get everything just right!

I do agree a pot filler isn't totally necessary but it looks cool, works for some things and makes the wife happy.

Attachments

• IMG_7193.jpeg
    IMG_7193.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7192.jpeg
    IMG_7192.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
My wife uses hers pretty much daily. It's REALLY convenient for boiling eggs, potatoes, cooking pasta, etc. And it is SUPER convenient for canning! Pouring 4 gallons of water into a canning pot is pretty tiring!

My wife uses hers pretty much daily. It's REALLY convenient for boiling eggs, potatoes, cooking pasta, etc. And it is SUPER convenient for canning! Pouring 4 gallons of water into a canning pot is pretty tiring!
My son makes homemade tamales and steams dozens and dozens using a pot, which looks like a small bathtub. He uses his often as well.

I suppose if you making big batches of whatever, they might come in handy. But I would think for the typical home cook, it's just a novalty.
Exactly.
Those who work in commercial kitchens, you are constantly filling pots as there are multiple pots of water boiling on 6 or 8 burner stoves all throughout service, and these need to be filled and refilled constantly. And as I mentioned, commercial kitchens have floor drains are are cleaned, mopped and can handle copious amounts of water regularly. Not so with a residential kitchen.

Few people cook as much as I do, and I make soups regularly in the winter. I don't have any issue, and never did, filling a pot at the sink and bringing it to the stove. When I did my water bath canning, I did that outside on one of those outdoor cooker things that you see featured for deep frying turkeys.

But to each their own. I'd never do it.

@Twowaxhack putting in shutoffs, two or three, is the rarity, not the rule. But it sounds like it should be standard.

Latest posts

Back