Kohler Pot Filler Faucet Problems?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed one at my old house, primarily for the "cool" factor. In 5 years I can honestly admit that I never used it. I would haul a pot of water from the sink to the stove and then see the pot filler and say, "Hmm, I guess I could have used this!"
Maybe the the thing to do is install one and never connect it. You get the cool factor without the danger.

My wife is a chef, culinary school, the whole nine yards...
And so you also have a commercial gas stove with eight burners, (240,000 BTU). French door convection oven(s), blast chillers, flat top, infrared gas grill, multiple sinks (prep and cleanup at minimum) 1200 CFM exhaust fans, right? ;)

Many in my family are in the food business. One, my cousin, trained at two three star Michelin restaurants, one in France, and one in Switzerland. The last thing in the world he wants to see when he gets home is a commercial kitchen. His kitchen today is no different than most of America.

I still say [residentially] it's a gimmick...and if it emerges from some fancy handmade tile backsplash, even more so.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 9.27.43 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 9.27.43 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
And so you also have a commercial gas stove with eight burners, (240,000 BTU). French door convection oven(s), blast chillers, flat top, infrared gas grill, multiple sinks (prep and cleanup at minimum) 1200 CFM exhaust fans, right? ;)

Many in my family are in the food business. One, my cousin, trained at two three star Michelin restaurants, one in France, and one in Switzerland. The last thing in the world he wants to see when he gets home is a commercial kitchen. His kitchen today is no different than most of America.

I still say [residentially] it's a gimmick...and if it emerges from some fancy handmade tile backsplash, even more so.
You know what the real gimmick is ?

Home inspectors.

Hire the trade to inspect a home if you want a real Inspection.

You know what the real gimmick is ?

Home inspectors.

Hire the trade to inspect a home if you want a real Inspection.
I couldn't agree more. We have a "home inspector" in our church. This guy knows nothing about everything. LOL. And the surprise is he demonstrates that whenever he opens his mouth. How he ever got his credentials is beyond me! He's told me some stories, and his MO is simply to pretty much flag everything as a possible issue in his report.

Did a pot filler hurt you or a family member at some point?

And so you can look for more stuff to disagree with...yes we have two sinks, 1200 CFM exhaust with make up air system, infrared grill top, dual electric convention oven, Sous vide suite, 6 propane fired burners and flat top, butler's pantry, 7 linear feet of John Boos butcher block prep area.

Please let me know what else I did wrong, and I will start removing stuff!

Last edited:
My Lexus has 4 Michelin tires. Can I cook?
Yes, but NO POT FILLER, those are a gimmick.

My wife is 5'2" on a good day and she uses the gimmick to fill a pasta pot, and later, when 6'5" me comes home from working on other gimmicks all day, I can remove the pot and pour out the water.

Gimmicks, I tell ya.

I am removing all of my garage door openers, such gimmicks have no place in my home.

My brother in law had a pot filler mounted into the wall, but it was never connected. When he needed a repipe of his entire house, I went ahead and installed the pot filler. Boy, was he mad and told me it was just for decoration!

Exactly.
Those who work in commercial kitchens, you are constantly filling pots as there are multiple pots of water boiling on 6 or 8 burner stoves all throughout service, and these need to be filled and refilled constantly. And as I mentioned, commercial kitchens have floor drains are are cleaned, mopped and can handle copious amounts of water regularly. Not so with a residential kitchen.

Few people cook as much as I do, and I make soups regularly in the winter. I don't have any issue, and never did, filling a pot at the sink and bringing it to the stove. When I did my water bath canning, I did that outside on one of those outdoor cooker things that you see featured for deep frying turkeys.

But to each their own. I'd never do it.

@Twowaxhack putting in shutoffs, two or three, is the rarity, not the rule. But it sounds like it should be standard.
I like beating a dead horse.

I think two shutoffs on the unit are standard.

I doubt Twowax is adding a bunch of shutoffs inline.

I added another shut off on the line feeding the pot filler (which has two shutoffs on the unit) it also has a fairly simple but effective filtration system, ensuring the water is free of taste impurities. Is it needed? Who knows. But it is there.

Some of you boys just have to much money... but I suppose if you've got it, spend it. Mitchell.. if that's your kitchen... nice ! I don't care if its a gimmick... I know my wife would never use it (I asked her... at my own peril of her saying, "yes, please install one")

@inspectordan you join a forum and the same day on your very first post start insulting long time members who are giving you advise... Just not the specific advise you want. What a fricken joke.
@inspectordan you join a forum and the same day on your very first post start insulting long time members who are giving you advise... Just not the specific advise you want. What a fricken joke.
I guess I should have expected this level of discourse from plumbers. Joke is right.

I like beating a dead horse.

I think two shutoffs on the unit are standard.

I doubt Twowax is adding a bunch of shutoffs inline.

I added another shut off on the line feeding the pot filler (which has two shutoffs on the unit) it also has a fairly simple but effective filtration system, ensuring the water is free of taste impurities. Is it needed? Who knows. But it is there.
I install a ballvalve in the line serving the pot filler. The pot filler usually has two shut off valves on the unit.

I guess I should have expected this level of discourse from plumbers. Joke is right.
This is a do-it -yourself forum.

There are only a couple of plumbers that post here.

You’re here fishing for what you want to hear and complaining that no one took the bait.

Last edited:
Back