Bathroom/Laundry remodel: Assistance requested

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have to import everything over to Sketchup 2024. I was using 2021. Don't have my plugins on the new one and need to figure out how to activate some of the plugins that were purchased and require activation code. I got a few of them on a big sale and they were worth it. They changed icons on things so I'm having a harder time figuring out what things are and I need some computer glasses. Gonna ask Mom if I can borrow different strength pairs of hers to see what works-- if any of them work.

Anyway, this goes outside of the laundry room but ties into it because I want to have an outdoor utility sink for rinsing particularly nasty stuff (and to rinse litterboxes out). I found an outdoor rated utility sink that I want to get. It comes with a faucet. Water supply lines would be insulated and I can put styrofoam cooler over the faucet during winter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BK17N28S/
1724343096633.png
I need to level the ground next to the back steps anyway since I eventually want a small landing. I want to make it large enough that the sink can fit on it eventually-- if I ever get around to the landing build. My plan is to get rid of the weeds/trees in the way, put down some landscaping tarp, some paver base gravel, pack it all down, put some paving stones down or use quikrete to make a small pad and make sure its level. I might use some stuff that deflects water away from the house and end it with a french drain-- might even do a trench filled with rocks up to a hole filled with rocks for drainage just to let water go away from the house.

I will need to figure out some way to tether the sink down so it doesn't get picked up by winds. Maybe build a small counter around it out of pressure treated lumber or painted PVC or something. But its temporary state will be maybe tethered with some sort of tent tie downs and stakes and before water gets hooked up to the faucet I can run a hose from the water trough hose splitter.

I do want to add aside sprayer but am not sure how to go about doing that. It comes with a faucet but I want more spraying power. it doesn't have a hole to deck-mount a sprayer but I could use one of those hooks that goes on the side of a toilet or mount it to another surface or something.

I was thinking of getting a different faucet: https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Kitchen-Extension-Farmhouse-Apartment/dp/B0BY8K99BW/
1724343615975.png
but I'm not sure how good the water pressure would be and I'm not a big fan of the pull-out type. I'm also unsure of what type of side sprayer to get and how to connect it, but I'm sure google and youtube can help me with that.

I've read reviews of the sink that said putting it up on bed risers might help. If I went with that method i'd paint them, but might also consider stacking paving stones or using cinderblocks. I have plenty of both lying around.
1724344726572.png

I really don't like the accordion style drainage thingy on the sink though.
1724344678853.pngIt shows this being 1-3/8" diameter and I'm not sure if that is on the bottom of the shelf or what.
1724344900477.png

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how I would divert water away from the house since I don't want to hook it to the house drainage system. Could I run it sort of like a condensate line from HVAC but with larger pipe? Or rig it to fit in some sort of gutter downspout type thing? I suppose I could put one of those blocks down they put under downspouts to keep ground from eroding where water comes out. I need one of those under the house where the condensate drain comes out....

More pics for fun. Too bad the sink doesn't come with the doggy:
1724345044377.png
People should take their pants off before trying to wash them
1724345083994.png
Also, that is totally photoshopped. No shadows and not the right scale compared to sink.

TL: DR?

How would I hook up a side sprayer to the faucet that came with this?
How would I hook up drain pipes and run them away from house?
How would I secure this so it doesn't blow away?
Any other suggestions?
Any recommended sprayers?

Yeah, its not something I would put in my kitchen. If its going to be outside I'm not too worried about it.

So, I looked up reviews for that sink and yikes. Bottom is flat so it doesn't drain properly. Now looking at this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Utility-Laundry-Garage-Garden-Basement/dp/B0CG6RBYCD

It's $100 more and doesn't come with a faucet, but it has better reviews. One negative review was that it stained. I don't care if it stains. Another was that it arrived broken-- probably mishandled via shipping. It's also 14" deep (according to a customer answer) so that is plenty of space.

Was your response about cheap Chinese stuff about both products?

Yes. You get what you pay for. Make your brother stay at home for one meal, and you could afford a nice Delta fixture.

I was thinking a cheap fixture wouldn't be so bad for outside because it could be replaced if it broke. Don't know if Delta makes ones that can be put outside. It would be under the eaves but could still get hit with rain and sun. I mean, I could put a bbq cover over it I suppose, but I'd feel bad about a nice Delta faucet getting ruined outdoors. So, I'm debating. I did try to look for Delta "outdoor" faucet but no luck.

I should google the difference between pull-down and pull-out faucets. I know the latter is something we tease my friend about not doing. :p

Wow, very nice washer/driers. I would love to buy those when my current set fails. You haven't had any problems with them so far, correct?

The washer and dryer I have might be discontinued models but they make similar ones. Got the Electrolux IQ Touch ones from over 15yrs ago. My dad installed them and since he passed in early 2009 they are older than that. I'm thinking we got them in 2005 but can't really remember. The washer can hold like 7cu.ft. No problems thus far.

I'm debating whether or not to use 5.5" deep or 3.5" deep PVC boards for shelves behind the washer & dryer. If the dryer duct extends more than 4" it will need some support as I'm using a Magvent.

As an aside, I don't know how it happened but something put a bunch of holes in the siding of my house on the side with the AC condenser. I do remember thinking I heard hail when we had a storm and stuff was hitting the walls. Going to have to see if I can find the type of siding it is and see if I can find a match to it and replace all of the damaged pieces. Need to replace some of the corner trim as well. Will have to go around the whole exterior of the house and figure out how many pieces need to be replaced. I do have some scrap stuff down in the barn but it has mostly collapsed and I don't know if I can retrieve more of it. I rescued maybe 3 or 4 pieces of it earlier.

Back