Kohler Pot Filler Faucet Problems?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspectordan

Reaction score
Hi All....I'm working as a consultant for an attorney who is representing plumber being sued by an insurance company. The plumber installed a new Kohler Graze Pot Filler faucet and a year or so later the lawn sprinkler guy over-charged the sprinkler system when winterizing it and didn't shut off the valve upstream from the backflow device. Have any of you had problems with Kohler Pot Fillers? Do you have issues with how the faucet is attached to the adapter with that tiny set screw? Any insight that might be useful for the poor plumber on this?

Attachments

• Kohler Graze Install Instr..pdf
    266 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
This has come up before on this forum.

I personally told the poster to not install it and purchase another brand.

Assuming the pot filler was installed properly, the liability should be on the person who pumped up the pressure to 140psi. The max a home is suppose to have is 80psi by most all codes requirements.

The plumber should go to court and Defend the lawsuit.

The lawyer should hire a licensed plumber for an expert witness in the jurisdiction the work was performed in. I perform this service for several lawyers in my service area.

This has come up before on this forum.

I personally told the poster to not install it and purchase another brand.

Assuming the pot filler was installed properly, the liability should be on the person who pumped up the pressure to 140psi. The max a home is suppose to have is 80psi by most all codes requirements.

The plumber should go to court and Defend the lawsuit.
Thanks but if you're familiar at all with attorneys and insurance companies you would know that you don't have to be at fault to be named in a lawsuit. The plumber is already 'in court' and that's why I'm working for his attorney...to help him defend himself. If I failed to make it clear in my forum post then let me reiterate. I'm looking for plumbers who've had issues with Kohler Pot Filler faucets and any information that might help this poor hard-working Joe defend himself against the huge and greedy insurance company. Thanks again.

Thanks but if you're familiar at all with attorneys and insurance companies you would know that you don't have to be at fault to be named in a lawsuit. The plumber is already 'in court' and that's why I'm working for his attorney...to help him defend himself. If I failed to make it clear in my forum post then let me reiterate. I'm looking for plumbers who've had issues with Kohler Pot Filler faucets and any information that might help this poor hard-working Joe defend himself against the huge and greedy insurance company. Thanks again.
Nothing you’ll learn on here will help you. Kohlers design isn’t the best but it’s legal and it’ll work if installed properly.

The plumber needs an expert witness and the expert witness will need the failed connection to inspect.

The plumber should’ve had insurance to protect himself.

The plumbers insurance company needs to investigate or pay the claim.

The plumbers insurance company can attempt to subrogate Kohler and or the landscaper who overpressured the system.

Nothing you’ll learn on here will help you. Kohlers design isn’t the best but it’s legal and it’ll work if installed properly. Are you telling me that if I learn of other similar Kohler pot filler failures via this forum then that's of no use to the plumber/defendant? You are wrong then.

The plumber needs an expert witness and the expert witness will need the failed connection to inspect. That's all in place.

The plumber should’ve had insurance to protect himself. He does and that's who is funding his defense.

The plumbers insurance company needs to investigate or pay the claim. They are...see above.

The plumbers insurance company can attempt to subrogate Kohler and or the landscaper who overpressured the system. Dude...can you just answer the question I posted? You're not being helpful.

In case you glossed over this is what I asked: Have any of you had problems with Kohler Pot Fillers? Do you have issues with how the faucet is attached to the adapter with that tiny set screw? Any insight that might be useful for the poor plumber on this?

In case you glossed over this is what I asked: Have any of you had problems with Kohler Pot Fillers? Do you have issues with how the faucet is attached to the adapter with that tiny set screw? Any insight that might be useful for the poor plumber on this?
In case you didn’t read my post.

You won’t find any helpful info on this Forum. It wouldn’t matter if anyone did have problems. That wouldn’t prove anything.

Kohler built it, sue them if you think your pockets are deeper than kohlers are. Good luck with that.

The pot filler design is plumbing code approved. Kohler is going to say it wasn’t installed correctly or the system was over pressurized LIKE YOU’VE ADMITTED IT WAS.

Nothing you’ll learn on here will help you. Kohlers design isn’t the best but it’s legal and it’ll work if installed properly. Are you telling me that if I learn of other similar Kohler pot filler failures via this forum then that's of no use to the plumber/defendant? You are wrong then.

The plumber needs an expert witness and the expert witness will need the failed connection to inspect. That's all in place.

The plumber should’ve had insurance to protect himself. He does and that's who is funding his defense.

The plumbers insurance company needs to investigate or pay the claim. They are...see above.

The plumbers insurance company can attempt to subrogate Kohler and or the landscaper who overpressured the system. Dude...can you just answer the question I posted? You're not being helpful.
I’ve answered your several times. You won’t find any useful info here for a court case.

The last member discussing a pot filler was going to install a Glacier Bay pot filler if I remember correctly. We all encouraged him to purchase a better unit. I'm certainly not a professional plumber, but seems the onus falls on the homeowner for failing to install a pressure regulation valve.

Again……just in case you missed it.

You won’t find any helpful info on the kohler pot filler here for a court case defense.

It doesn’t make a damn if I like the design or not.

It doesn’t make a damn if anyone here has had problems.

Your specific case is what matters.

I see problems all the time with products but that doesn’t mean the manufacturer is liable for improper install or over pressure.

This is a DIY forum. The insurance company and the lawyer needs to hire a professional……you’re obviously no professional.

If the plumber was stupid enough to install it then his insurance company is on the hook unless you can prove the landscaper over pressured the system.

I refuse to install products all the time. Maybe your client should start using better judgement on what he installs.

In case you didn’t read my post.

You won’t find any helpful info on this Forum. It wouldn’t matter if anyone did have problems. That wouldn’t prove anything.

Kohler built it, sue them if you think your pockets are deeper than kohlers are. Good luck with that.

The pot filler design is plumbing code approved. Kohler is going to say it wasn’t installed correctly or the system was over pressurized LIKE YOU’VE ADMITTED IT WAS.
thnx for wasting everyone's time with your nonsense.

It doesn’t make a damn if I like the design or not.

It doesn’t make a damn if anyone here has had problems.

Your specific case is what matters.

I see problems all the time with products but that doesn’t mean the manufacturer is liable for improper install or over pressure.

This is a DIY forum. The insurance company and the lawyer needs to hire a professional……you’re obviously no professional.

If the plumber was stupid enough to install it then his insurance company is on the hook unless you can prove the landscaper over pressured the system.

I refuse to install products all the time. Maybe your client should start using better judgement on what he installs.
thankfully this forum has an 'ignore' button so i can ignore ignorant individuals such as yourself. I hope you enjoyed your 5 minutes of being a dik.

thankfully this forum has an 'ignore' button so i can ignore ignorant individuals such as yourself. I hope you enjoyed your 5 minutes of being a dik.
Again, you’re wasting your time and you’ll eventually see that I’m 100% correct.

Ok, let’s play.

I’ve had big trouble with that kohler pot filler. It flooded my house.

🤣. Now what ? 🤡

All types of plumbing flood houses everyday. 🤣

Why is the plumber being sued when the irrigation contractor caused the problem. Most plumbing fixtures are designed for 80 psi max. Liability should be on the irrigation guy for being negligent.

Twowaxhack is more help to people who come to this forum, than just about anybody.....to people who come with reasonable, honest, sensible questions...and is ABSOLUTELY a knowledgeable, experienced, skilled pro.....he and many others here, do not "suffer fools"......

Attorneys often take a 'shotgun' approach in lawsuits i.e. they name
Twowaxhack is more help to people who come to this forum, than just about anybody.....to people who come with reasonable, honest, sensible questions...and is ABSOLUTELY a knowledgeable, experienced, skilled pro.....he and many others here, do not "suffer fools"......
neither do I.

I know of 5 people that have flooded houses from kohler pot fillers.

Everyone of them were installed incorrectly.

Be sure to put that in your report. 👍

Back