Please help identify shower\bathtub faucet handles

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fawsit

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm just dumb or what, but I can't find any replacement shower\bathtub handles that have this same fitment. Is there a specific keyword or name I need to use to find them? Any help is greatly appreciated. Please see the photo of the inside of the faucet handle I removed. They are extremely wobbly because the plastic innards are worn out. I'd like to replace them without having to redo the existing plumbing if possible. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20240904_193026.jpg
    20240904_193026.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
It’s Delta. Show the top side of the handle and the faucet it came off of

Is there a direct replacement for this type of handle anywhere? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240904_224915.jpg
    20240904_224915.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240904_224921.jpg
    20240904_224921.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240904_225032.jpg
    20240904_225032.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
The screw I marked in red is about 3” long. It’s purpose is to keep the set screw of the handle from crushing the white plastic AND keep the white plastic stem extension I have marked in blue tight together with the “ stem “ that you can’t see right now because it’s further back in the wall.

IMO you need to replace the white stem extensions and the handles. To replace the white stem extensions you’ll need to turn all your water off. Relieve the residual pressure from the system. Remove the 3” long screw I marked in red.

Turn the chrome trim piece I have marked in yellow counterclockwise. This chrome trim piece has a dual purpose. It covers the stem and white plastic stem extension AND it holds the stem in the faucet. It’s basically a stem retainer nut.

So unscrew it counterclockwise until its free and then pull it straight out towards you. Then you’ll see the connection between the stem extension and the stem.

Now would be a good time to replace the stems and the rubber seat and spring that’s inside the faucet.

But if you just want to get it back working without going inside the faucet/stem replacement then just hold the stem in place with a screwdriver while pulling the stem extension I have marked in blue straight toward yourself. Install the new replacement in reverse, just push it on. It’s a D shape. The stem is the male D shape and the stem extension has the D female.

Once it’s together slide the chrome trim/stem retainer nut over it and screw it down tight. Don’t cross thread it, it should screw all the way down with your fingers then snug it down with a wrench. Don’t kill it, it doesn’t make the seal. It just holds the stem inside the faucet. The stem has an oring that makes the watertight seal.

Next step is to install the 3” long screws. Slide them into the stem extensions and use a Phillips head driver to completely tighten them.

The new handles will have a small set screw in the side. It’ll have a female D shape. Slide the female D shape handle over the male D shape of the stem extender I have marked in blue. Snug up the set screw in the handle button not super tight.
Turn water back on.
C345EA1D-93C4-40DD-B07C-D4A1A715114C.jpeg

Here’s a material list. Omitting the stems/seats/springs if you don’t want to replace those. If you do I’ll give you directions on how.

One pair of stems
https://www.deltafaucet.com/parts/p...pG7y1AtXUcnCvtEBgn3USmrWJsqyOt-gD_Xaxa5dJTi3U

One pair of seats/springs.
https://www.deltafaucet.com/parts/p...cgxaS0MabN16UX7sBd2xdZ7t2e0XKioqAd_1uC6mx-amM

A pair of stem extenders.
https://www.deltafaucet.com/parts/p...3wf2P9q_hsmT2oJ7AEvGOk_6acg5PuxBzo-67Z9AJME_8
Delta is calling these Roman tub stem extenders. They’re incorrect. It’s a mistake on their part. The parts shown are for a wall mount bath/shower faucet. Trust me Bro.

And finally a pair of handles.
https://www.amazon.com/Faucet-H25CW-Neostyle-Handle-Chrome/dp/B001AHSFEU

Last edited:
You lucked out I have a court date tomorrow morning and I have to show proof to the judge that I’ve participated in community service via plumbing advice.

I built a homemade Amish style carriage but smaller and rounded up 34 stray cats to pull me like sled dogs do. Well the mayors wife is head of the local SPCA and didn’t think it was funny so she had me arrested for animal abuse by her cousin who is also the Sheriff.

When I get off probation I’m going to move to Thailand and build these cat taxi’s but have 62 cats per taxi. Why 62 you might ask ? Because with anymore than 62 cats you’ll be breaking the speed limits and the taxi gets the death wobble, so it’s just too damn dangerous.

Good luck working on the faucet 🫶

You lucked out I have a court date tomorrow morning and I have to show proof to the judge that I’ve participated in community service
This would be an awesome way to help our members. I'd love to work with a few judges on these forums!

Thank you so much for your help!!!! Good luck with your feline rickshaw

The screw I marked in red is about 3” long. It’s purpose is to keep the set screw of the handle from crushing the white plastic AND keep the white plastic stem extension I have marked in blue tight together with the “ stem “ that you can’t see right now because it’s further back in the wall.

IMO you need to replace the white stem extensions and the handles. To replace the white stem extensions you’ll need to turn all your water off. Relieve the residual pressure from the system. Remove the 3” long screw I marked in red.

Turn the chrome trim piece I have marked in yellow counterclockwise. This chrome trim piece has a dual purpose. It covers the stem and white plastic stem extension AND it holds the stem in the faucet. It’s basically a stem retainer nut.

So unscrew it counterclockwise until its free and then pull it straight out towards you. Then you’ll see the connection between the stem extension and the stem.

Now would be a good time to replace the stems and the rubber seat and spring that’s inside the faucet.

But if you just want to get it back working without going inside the faucet/stem replacement then just hold the stem in place with a screwdriver while pulling the stem extension I have marked in blue straight toward yourself. Install the new replacement in reverse, just push it on. It’s a D shape. The stem is the male D shape and the stem extension has the D female.

Once it’s together slide the chrome trim/stem retainer nut over it and screw it down tight. Don’t cross thread it, it should screw all the way down with your fingers then snug it down with a wrench. Don’t kill it, it doesn’t make the seal. It just holds the stem inside the faucet. The stem has an oring that makes the watertight seal.

Next step is to install the 3” long screws. Slide them into the stem extensions and use a Phillips head driver to completely tighten them.

The new handles will have a small set screw in the side. It’ll have a female D shape. Slide the female D shape handle over the male D shape of the stem extender I have marked in blue. Snug up the set screw in the handle button not super tight.
Turn water back on.
View attachment 46392

Here’s a material list. Omitting the stems/seats/springs if you don’t want to replace those. If you do I’ll give you directions on how.

One pair of stems
https://www.deltafaucet.com/parts/p...pG7y1AtXUcnCvtEBgn3USmrWJsqyOt-gD_Xaxa5dJTi3U

One pair of seats/springs.
https://www.deltafaucet.com/parts/p...cgxaS0MabN16UX7sBd2xdZ7t2e0XKioqAd_1uC6mx-amM

A pair of stem extenders.
https://www.deltafaucet.com/parts/p...3wf2P9q_hsmT2oJ7AEvGOk_6acg5PuxBzo-67Z9AJME_8
Delta is calling these Roman tub stem extenders. They’re incorrect. It’s a mistake on their part. The parts shown are for a wall mount bath/shower faucet. Trust me Bro.

And finally a pair of handles.
https://www.amazon.com/Faucet-H25CW-Neostyle-Handle-Chrome/dp/B001AHSFEU
That’ll be $150 please. 😉

Hey, that reply was not for me, and unlikely I will use this information but it was so spot on, clearly from experience that I have to say thank you!

Yes, you can tell the you’re already doing community service!

2 Whack is a valuable asset here. Have his judge call me and maybe I can get him another 4-5 years of community service!

All you other experts, when you screw up, have your judges call me, and I will also extent your stay!

Latest posts

Back