Kitchen faucet dripping - selecting repair?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dshow

Reaction score
Hi,
My kitchen sink faucet is ~10 years old and is starting to drip. I assume there is some 'washer' that needs to be replaced. My question is, I don't recall the brand of this. Is the repair kit generic to this type of faucet or do I need to figure out the brand and model of this? (I'm sure I bought this at one of the local 'big box' stores...)
Thanks!

IMG_9797.JPG

There is nothing generic. Not likely a washer but a complete cartridge. You need to pull the cartridge after turning the water to the fixture completely off.

There is nothing generic. Not likely a washer but a complete cartridge. You need to pull the cartridge after turning the water to the fixture completely off.
Sure, but there is often some trick to getting the handle off or the cartridge out. It is definitely worth figuring out what model it is first, so that the manual can be consulted before trying to take it apart.

In this case I would put a piece of white cardboard or paper behind the faucet, remove any non faucet related items, and take a picture of it at an angle where the sink isn't visible or can be cropped out. Then use Google image search.

Pretty sure it's delta. Take a picture of the handle off. Most likely a RP50587 cartridge.

Back