Moisture issue under bathroom vanity

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipsensazn

Reaction score
Hello Experts!

About a month or so ago we started noticing the bottom of the vanity was warping. We thought it may have possibly been from water damage from a repair we had done back in 2022 (clogged drain and rerouting of HVAC condensate drain line). We opened it up and to our surprise their was moisture on the base boards supporting the vanity cabinet (failed moisture meter test). Before trying to repair/replace the bottom base, we let it sit out for a week to dry out. Took a few days, and now moisture meter reads dry (between 10-12%).

My question is, could potential moisture be "trapped" underneath here since 2022, and opening it up to dry it out was the only thing necessary? Or is there something else I might be missing to determine the root cause of the moisture. I would think it "should" have dried out after 2 years, so my initial thought was the moisture may be from another source (behind the plumbing on the wall?).

Open to suggestions or ideas before we hire someone to open up the wall just to inspect. See photos below. Thanks!

View attachment IMG_3209.JPGView attachment IMG_3210.JPGView attachment IMG_3444.JPGView attachment IMG_3445.JPG

If you don't see any water your leak could be fixed, but the sheet rock and wooden base board should have been replaced or tested so unless you open some sheet rock you won't know what's on the back of the wood or sheetrock

Back