What bulkhead fitting do I need

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alrednek

Reaction score
Hi fellas, I’m a new member here and I want to thank you folks for letting me join. I have one question that I need a little help with.
I want to run a 1/2” copper tube through the side of a plastic barrel and the connection
must be water tight. I think it would work fine if it had a compression fitting with a ferrule. I need to be able to let the end of the tube stick out about 6-8 inches so the compression fitting would let me do that. Does anyone have a better idea about how to do this in a better way? If my way is ok does anyone have any idea what that fitting would be named? I need to have an exact name for it so I can search
online and it would help to know exactly what it’s called if I walk into a supply house asking for it. I will appreciate any and all help and I thank you all for reading about my problem.
Thanks, have a great day.

I would only trust a bulkhead fitting and thread after. Rethinking bulkhead fittings out of copper tube will not be reliable.

Back