Water Meter Reading

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthTexas

Reaction score
Checked my Neptune T-10 water meter overnight and the red sweep hand moved 2 units, so that's 2 x .01 = .02 gallons = 2.6 ozs right ?

And that is not a leak right ? What would make a small movement like that occur ?

Thanks so much.

1730041622135.png

Can you shut you house valve off and
Check again
Thanks so much for your help. Unfortunately, I cannot turn off the water valve to the house, other than at the curb. My house is about 25 years old and has a gate valve buried out in the front flower bed and if I tried to turn it off I'm afraid it would break off. So when I need to shut off the water to the house I just shut off the valve at the curb.

Ok, at some point your gonna need a working valve on case of an emergency, so the 1st thing I'd be thinking about is getting a working valve in the house that's accessible
That is certainly on the list but not for now. If there were an emergency I would just turn the water to the house at the curb, no big deal on that for either me or my wife.

Any thoughts on the water meter 2.5 oz change ?

Thanks so much.

Back