Slab on grade DWV retrofit

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby40

Reaction score
Hello all. I have undertaken a difficult job (for me), replacing my homes entire cast iron dwv system with pvc. I am attempting to do this myself and at this point have the first bathroom roughed in. I am ready to back fill but want to have someone check my work before it gets buried. It is a horizontal wet vented system serving 2 lav sinks , 1 shower and 1 water closet. All horizontal pipe runs are at 1/4" per foot drop. The shower arm is in 2", the lavs//vent are in 3" and water closet is in 4".
My chief concerns are:
1. The shower trap arm measures 67" in developed length. I have seen codes that state 60"and 96" are maximum lengths. (different plumbing codes)
2. The shower tailpiece will probably end up at 20" in length (vertical) from the drain to the p trap weir. I believe this meets code but seems a bit long to me.
3. The shower trap arm has 2 horizontal 45 degree turns which should not be a problem but I would prefer not to have them in the pipe run.
Are any of these concerns valid?
Please see the attached photos and comment if you see anything concerning. Many thanks! IMG_1078.jpgIMG_1071.jpg

Latest posts

Back