Help needed with new coffee brewer hookup

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwfblues

Reaction score
I'm just about pulling my hair out with this one.

New coffee brewer has 1/4" flair fitting. I have been unable to make that work given that we previously had a "push-to-connect" plastic hose/fittings setup and I've given up on using that line which comes from behind the fridge.

I can add a dual valve under the sink to run an extra 3/8 steel water line. The 3/8 compression line fits on the new dual valve 3/8 fitting under the sink but I have been unable to find a fitting that works to connect the water line to the coffee machine. To thread into the coffee machine is 3/8 male which is not a problem, but even though 3/8 compression male connectors work to connect to the water line, 3/8 male compression valves (I've tried a few), do not thread into the 3/8 water line. Why? I do not know. Ideas or solutions or explanations would be much appreciated! Thank you.

FYI, the Water splitter that does fit the line is listed as "3/8 x 3/8" x 3/8 Compression Water Splitter", the valve that does not thread is listed as

"Compression Tube Fitting 90 Degree Elbow 3/8" OD x 3/8" OD"

Pictures of actual fittings and their boxes would help. You indicated the coffee connection is 1/4" flare, yet you seem to be talking about 3/8" compression fitting everywhere. And you do NOT want to run a steel water line.

This is for a good sized retail office, btw, for context.

So, given that you don't like the steel and that my purchased connectors aren't working for the coffee machine, I can start over with the original specs, ie. the 1/4 flare on the brewer, but I struck out on how to get that run from under our sink. Under the sink hookups are currently the push to connect 1/4" plastic (running to fridge and former brewer) or 3/8 compression steel line (running to counter top for filtered water). I can find my way towards setting up a new copper line to the brewer but fall short (despite much effort) at finding a way to connect the copper flare setup to either of our current connections. Is this even possible with our current set up?

Thank you.

Back