55/64 male aerator to 1/2 male IPS?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elbon00

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to connect a Brita filter to the kitchen sink in my RV. The Brita came with a couple of adapters, none of which work. Local plumbing supply shop says I need the sizes noted in the subject line. The aerator threads are narrow, while the faucet side has wider threads. The guy at the shop did test / confirm the faucet side is 1/2 IPS, but said it could also be referred to as NPT or MIP. I've searched high and low and cannot find such an adapter. I might be willing to do it with 2 pieces if necessary. The attached picture shows the faucet head on the left (1/2 IPS) and the Brita with one of the adapters on the right.

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Jeff

Attachments

• Brita - RV faucet.jpg
    Brita - RV faucet.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
Breplum - thank you for taking time to respond. I may just replace the faucet with one that has a standard aerator thread, but will consider the options you mention.

Hi, I am trying to connect a Brita filter to the kitchen sink in my RV. The Brita came with a couple of adapters, none of which work. Local plumbing supply shop says I need the sizes noted in the subject line. The aerator threads are narrow, while the faucet side has wider threads. The guy at the shop did test / confirm the faucet side is 1/2 IPS, but said it could also be referred to as NPT or MIP. I've searched high and low and cannot find such an adapter. I might be willing to do it with 2 pieces if necessary. The attached picture shows the faucet head on the left (1/2 IPS) and the Brita with one of the adapters on the right.

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Jeff
You are holding a pull-out faucet sprayer which has 1/2 NPT threads on the inlet. Inside the center of the spray head (discharge end) will be an aerator that may or may not be removable. Some are referred to as a cache style and you use a special wrench socket to remove. With the aerator pulled out the threads will be finer machine threads like what you see on the Brita adapter. The most common sizes are 57/64" and 15/16". In many cases, the cache female socket will not allow an adapter to be installed. In any case, the adapter would go into the center of the spray head and not on the 1/2" NPT end.

Back