Whirlpool Dishwasher

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinead

Reaction score
Our dishwasher is leaking in the front and looking for solution. Not a lot but enough to be annoying. Whirlpool,

Are we filling it to full? Incorrectly? Or is it rubber stripping around door needing cleaning, which we just did. Is this a DIY?

We have checked manual as well. 🤔

Thank you.

Thank you for response.
Here is an attached file (pic) of the interior of washer.
I was uncertain what to do. Want to make sure I'm doing it correctly Please advise at your convenience.
🤔

Attachments

• IMG_4502.JPG
    IMG_4502.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Check that the screws are tight holding the interior trim to the inside of the door. They can loosen and press against the side faces of the tub and allow water to leak through the gap(s). If they are loose, simply tighten them and see if that fixes it. Here's a link to a video showing it better than my description.

Our dishwasher is leaking in the front and looking for solution. Not a lot but enough to be annoying. Whirlpool,

Are we filling it to full? Incorrectly? Or is it rubber stripping around door needing cleaning, which we just did. Is this a DIY?

We have checked manual as well. 🤔

Thank you.
When my dishwasher, a whirlpool, started leaking, it was the rubber seal around the cavity. First replacement seal didn't work. Second one did.

Thank you for response.
Here is an attached file (pic) of the interior of washer.
I was uncertain what to do. Want to make sure I'm doing it correctly Please advise at your convenience.
🤔
Not certain on that model, our models are separate from that plastic screen, but it looks like there's something to take off the price above that screen you could also try a wet vac

Have you determined where the leak is coming from? It could be that gasket. It could be the water connection. Could be the pump or another seal. Would be helpful to run the dishwasher with that bottom panel off and tried to determine where the leak is occurring…

Have a look at the water level shutoff ==> the white plastic round thing at the front corner. As water level rises, it floats upwards, & activates a solenoid to shut off water to the tub. It's a long-shot, but gook inside the tube (You'll see) *might* be delaying shut-off.

Thank you everyone. I will refer back to these posts if needed. I tried the dishwasher again as suggested and checking suggestions, and NO water leakage. Yay! Although will keep steady eye on it. It may have been the way I was stacking dishes. ;)

Hi Sinead,
Don't focus too much on a tight seal at the door.
Note than many dishwashers have a purposeful gap in the door seal. This lets excess steam out. Our Kitchenaid (Whirlpool in disguise) has that gap.

The owner's manual will probably have a statement about this steam leakage.

Ours leaks at the front, bottom of the door when the wash arm can't get enough water from a dirty filter (like GeofD mentioned) & won't spin.

Ours isn't exactly like yours, but the round part in the photo in Reply #3 that has the slots lifts off. There is a fine screen under it. If that's plugged, water leaks out of the front. Every Time!
(I'm not sure if this is the filter that GeofD mentioned in #2 or if there is another one.)

Paul

Attachments

• FIlter.png
    FIlter.png
    412.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi Sinead,
Don't focus too much on a tight seal at the door.
Note than many dishwashers have a purposeful gap in the door seal. This lets excess steam out. Our Kitchenaid (Whirlpool in disguise) has that gap.

The owner's manual will probably have a statement about this steam leakage.

Ours leaks at the front, bottom of the door when the wash arm can't get enough water from a dirty filter (like GeofD mentioned) & won't spin.

Ours isn't exactly like yours, but the round part in the photo in Reply #3 that has the slots lifts off. There is a fine screen under it. If that's plugged, water leaks out of the front. Every Time!
(I'm not sure if this is the filter that GeofD mentioned in #2 or if there is another one.)

Paul
That's the one, the ones we have are a different style but do the samething

Back