Pressure Switch for Zoeller 1463-0006 Well Pump?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McEvedy13

Reaction score
Good morning gents! The pressure switch on my Zoeller 1463-0006 jet pump (https://zoellerathome.com/product/convertible-jet-pump/) is going bad and I need to replace it. I purchased a supposedly universal switch at Lowe's (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Square-D-20-40-PSI-Plastic-Pressure-Switch/5014793977) but am finding that the pump assembly requires a male connector on the switch mount whereas the Lowes switch (and seemingly every other switch out there) has a female connection. I've looked all over the web and can't find the original Zoeller switch that came with the pump. Is there a specific connector or adapter I need to get to mount the new switch with the female end, or does anybody know where I can buy another Zoeller switch. Thanks much!

Last edited:
Its the same pressure switch. Just use a 1/4Xclose stainless or brass nipple. BTW, about the only thing that causes a pressure switch to fail is the pump cycling on and off too much.

Thanks! The switch and pump are both ten years old, having been replaced in April 2014, and yeah, I've got a wife and two teenagers (who go through a lot of showers, dirty dishes, and laundry on a daily basis) so we use a lot of water. So the cycling on-and-off too much is the likely culprit. That was in the back of my mind when it didn't kick on for the first time over the weekend and the pressure went to zero---tapping it with a wrench caused the switch to close, but it's been getting worse over the past few days. I'll run to the plumbing supply store this evening after work and get a nipple adapter as suggested. Thanks again!

Thanks! The switch and pump are both ten years old, having been replaced in April 2014, and yeah, I've got a wife and two teenagers (who go through a lot of showers, dirty dishes, and laundry on a daily basis) so we use a lot of water. So the cycling on-and-off too much is the likely culprit. That was in the back of my mind when it didn't kick on for the first time over the weekend and the pressure went to zero---tapping it with a wrench caused the switch to close, but it's been getting worse over the past few days. I'll run to the plumbing supply store this evening after work and get a nipple adapter as suggested. Thanks again!
How would you like to have constant pressure instead of a cycle of 20 to 40 psi?

How about reducing the cycling of the well pump on and off during showers and other uses?

How would you like to save on energy used for your well pump?

I'd suggest you look deeply into the Cycle Stop Valve Valveman mentioned above.

Back