Water pressure to high.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
In my cabin I planted a lawn and set up a sprinkler system to water while I am not there but the pressure is so high it is popping heads off every time it turns on. Is there a pressure reducer that I can add just before the sprinkler valve?

Yes. Any residential type pressure reducer should work. Watts Brass & Tubular N55BU M1-3/4 Water Pressure Reducing Valve
Didn't add the link, just posted it so that you can copy and Google it. It's 3/4". your reg will be sized by the piping it connects to.
Having a boiler drain on the other side of the regulator will allow you to accurately adjust the pressure and also by installing it with a union on both inlet and outlet you can easily remove it for winterizing. Not sure if that would be necessary, but then again I've never been to your camp.

Yeah, that sounds like one of those Beer drinking weekends where us guys have to take a close look. It's not one of those easy to diagnose over the Forum kind of things. Maybe Deer season, or....;)

I'll get the hookers and blow as you long as you brew up some good beer. Whens a good weekend for you guys. My boats on the lake and my jeeps in the driveway.

Sorry, not available to part until July, 2022. That's when the youngest one will graduate and I can start some REAL livin.

Sorry, not available to part until July, 2022. That's when the youngest one will graduate and I can start some REAL livin.
You might get a year out of it, then it's Grandkids. Make the best of it when you can.:D

Yes. Any residential type pressure reducer should work. Watts Brass & Tubular N55BU M1-3/4 Water Pressure Reducing Valve
Didn't add the link, just posted it so that you can copy and Google it. It's 3/4". your reg will be sized by the piping it connects to.
Having a boiler drain on the other side of the regulator will allow you to accurately adjust the pressure and also by installing it with a union on both inlet and outlet you can easily remove it for winterizing. Not sure if that would be necessary, but then again I've never been to your camp.

I agree that any residential type pressure reducer should work. Good luck.

Back