Water Powered Sump Pump - Help Needed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottspray

Reaction score
Hello,

We're currently thinking about upgrading to a Water Powered Sump Pump. Are there are any downsides to doing this? We trust our plumber and he's recommending one. Our old pump is a conventional one and it's about 15 years old so it needs to be replaced anyway.

Also, we just put in a permeable drain near the outside door -- which is about 10 feet from the pump (to help with water intrusion/flood rains which seems to get worse and worse these days) -- will this help with the water collection/put less strain on the pump?

Thanks! :)

Your talking about a back up sump pump correct. If so i have put in several that all work properly when needed. I have the owners run them a couple times a year, if they haven't been used

Your talking about a back up sump pump correct. If so i have put in several that all work properly when needed. I have the owners run them a couple times a year, if they haven't been used

Thanks for the quick response! :thumbsup:

Yes, it will be our back up -- I guess connected to our main pump 🤷‍♂️. Just wondering because the pump is under the floor in the back basement where I keep all of my collectibles, comics, games etc. Just trying to make sure these things are pretty break-proof.

Thanks for the quick response! :thumbsup:

Yes, it will be our back up -- I guess connected to our main pump 🤷‍♂️. Just wondering because the pump is under the floor in the back basement where I keep all of my collectibles, comics, games etc. Just trying to make sure these things are pretty break-proof.

I installed a Zoeller water backup sump pump a few years ago as my primary primary pump was a Zoeller and has yet to let me down.
As an added resource, I also installed a Proteus sump water level monitor I ordered through Amazon.
The monitor connects through my house WiFi and also alerts me if my internet or power goes off. Best of luck!

I'm not a plumber.
I've installed a few Basepump water powered backup sump pumps for myself and family. They work great. Take a look at their site for info on how they work.

Also take a look at the HydroCheck HC6000 "Hi-Lo Sump Pump Controller". No floats to hang up and no mechanical switches to go bad. There are two sensors so you can set the on/off height where it works best for your situation and to reduce short cycling.

Ideally you would have a seperate discharge line for the back up. Sump pump lines do plug up , ask me how I know !

Latest posts

Back