Walk in Tubs...........What Do I Need to Know Before Purchase?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer

Reaction score
I'm starting a renovation of a garage into a apartment for my parents. I want to install a walk in type tubs for them to reduces the risk of tripping or falling.

Are there any issues or concerns with these types of bathtubs that I should know about in terms of installation or maintenance?

I personally have no idea, but I'll be paying close attention since this is something I would like to install myself.

I had an older friend that had one, and the only thing they had an issue with was making sure to use the bathroom before they got into the tub. Seemed getting into the nice warm water made him have to go to the bathroom. And the only way to get out of the tub is to crawl over the top, which defeats the whole purpose of a walk-in, or to drain the tub, which takes time, and the sound of draining water isn't conducive to "holding it". LOL.

He was told that there were models that had special filters, UV sanitizers, etc., but they all sound like gimmicks to me.

Back