Tap and Bath don't get hot water at the same time

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickVS

Reaction score
In my bathroom, I have a tap that takes up to 2 minutes to get hot water, and a tub that gets hot water in 10 seconds. Shouldn't these two be getting their hot water from the same place? Any ideas on speeding up the hot water to the tap? Thanks.

Some tub valves, particularly those that have a deck mounted faucet on a large garden tub, have really high flow rates, while some lav faucets are restricted down to 2 gallons or less per minute. So, depending on the piping configuration, it is within the realm of possibility that the situation is explained by that.

Does the volume from the tap seem to be really light? It is possible that the areator is clogged with debris, causing the flow to be even less than it is supposed to be.

That reminds me of my master bath, I have a two sink vanity and one sink get hot in about 15 seconds and the other will take a minute or two. I am still baffled with mine.

Back