Sewer Crock Installation Concern

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClarksonCote

Reaction score
HI everyone,

15 years ago, the builder for my house installed a sewer ejector crock in my basement, for a half bath rough-in. I'm finally working on finishing my basement and plan to just use this for the washing machine. Opening this thing up for the first time, and the pictures below are what I found.

My concerns:
  • I would've expected the PVC pipe to go INTO the crock, and not terminate just prior to it.
  • I'm also surprised looking into the pipe, there are a lot more breaks in the pipe than I would've expected. Maybe that's just a bunch of couplings but it seems suspect.
Since this is just for a washing machine, is using some silicone caulk around that point of entry sufficient? Is some piece missing that I just need to go buy to get the pipe into the crock? Any thoughts on the amount of breaks in the pipe that's under the concrete?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2102.JPG
    IMG_2102.JPG
    765 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2103.JPG
    IMG_2103.JPG
    648.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2104.JPG
    IMG_2104.JPG
    931.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2106.JPG
    IMG_2106.JPG
    685.4 KB · Views: 0
Why don't you run a hose into one of the drains connected to it and see what happens, one of those couplings you see is not a coupling it's a ty or wye silicone will not work for fixing leaks

Why don't you run a hose into one of the drains connected to it and see what happens, one of those couplings you see is not a coupling it's a ty or wye silicone will not work for fixing leaks
Thanks for the reply. The pipe under the floor seems okay, I think those are just fittings as you point out. I know where all the pipes run. The main concern is that the pipe doesn't really go "into" the crock, as you can see in the pictures (IMG_2102, IMG_2104). It appears as if there's a gap there, though maybe it's a poorly designed flange and the crack with dirt in it really is sealed from the subfloor of the basement.

Latest posts

Back