Low Pressure in Kohler K-394-4 bath sink faucets (hot and cold)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockjaw

Reaction score
My Kohler K-394-4 bathroom sink faucet (2 handles, 1 spout) has low water pressure and flow, even with the aerator removed. I replaced both cartridges, but that had no effect on the weak flow. The incoming water pressure and flow was tested to be strong. Could the supply-tee or the spout be the problem? How should I proceed with testing and fixing?

if the flow/pressure coming out of angle stops is robust, then it, of course is in the faucet. pulling the unit and bench testing if you have the inclination.

Or just take the supply lines off of the faucet and see if you have good pressure from the valves . Turn them on into a bucket. If
good pressure then get rid of the faucet.

There is good pressure at the output of the valves - both hot and cold. The problem must be with the center spout or the T into which the valve outputs connect. I initially thought that this was the least likely cause as the spout is probably just a pipe. I will pull the spout and test it next.

Fixed it! Believe it or not, the tee junction was the culprit. The rubber gasket (to the spout end) was scrunched up out of shape and blocking the flow of water. I suspect that the original installer had reversed the order of the gasket and the plastic washer, and also overtightened the tee to the spout shank! I replaced the gasket, and that fixed the flow and pressure. Thanks a lot for your help!!

Thats great to hear. I took for granite that you installed the faucet. Good job, now your a plumber. Lol

Back