Kitchen sink pipe in wall

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolfans

Reaction score
The kitchen sink pipe is leaking and going to the basement. I have messed with it today (6/10/11) The pipe that is in the wall straight across had a hole in it (metal) and clogged. I am going to get some parts and fix it myself i help. The pipe connector is with the pipe going to the roof. Should i replace everything from the connector down or just the part that had a hole. I already cut it out. The pipe that i may replace is not that long alltogether 4 ft i say. If i replace that pipe (metal) can i use pvc and a rubber boot(sleave) above the connector? What size is the pipes 1 1/2 and 2 inches? The house was built in the mid 60's and that has not been replaced that i know of. Thanks

I would try to replace all of the horizontal metal pipe, including the piece threaded into the T. Brush the threads in the T out with a wire brush really good, and use a PVC male adaptor in that to transition to PVC.

Back