Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiemarie

Completely Clueless
Reaction score
Hello. My toilet was running slow for a couple of days and I could hear water in the wall. I plunged it and stuff came up into the bathtub. I used the toilet auger on it. It was not going all the way down and then it finally did, but everything was still stopped up. Worse. The toilet water would come up to the rim and when I ran water in the bathtub, it made it pool. And then both toilet and bathtub would slowly drain.

Later, I put some Dawn dish soap in the toilet and left it a long time and then flushed. The toilet flushed okay and it comes up to the proper amount of water in bowl, but I was still afraid to use it. I ran the shower and the water was draining very slowly, and then all of the sudden, it made a gurgling swish sound and quickly drained. I took a shower tonight and it drained normally. I don't think I hear the water in the wall anymore.

Do you think the stoppage is fixed? I'm still hesitant to use the toilet.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You may have succeeded with clearing the clog. The only way to know is to flush your toilet. If the water acts normal, let it refill and then turn on the adjacent shower AND flush the toilet at the same time. If both goes down, you have broken up the clog.

I tried running the shower and flushing the toilet and you're right, the clog is still there.
Thanks again! That's what I needed to know.

I'm sorry to hear this. At least you know that you need a rooter service who can hopefully knock out the clog easily.

Latest posts

Back