Does anyone know the name of tool that I can use to thread this?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two_dollars

Reaction score
This part is part of my rv water hookup. It's about 1/2" in diameter and if you can't tell from the photos, it has six round indentations around the rim where I imagine some specialized tool can grab the indentions and help me thread it in.1000015636.jpg1000015640.jpg

The threads are fine, but I need whatever tool that lines up with those round indentations so I can re-install it.
How tight does it have to be and do you care if the surface is damaged? I've got a pair of nylon-jawed pliers that I use on large connectors that would do it. If you don't care about the finish, any old set of pliers would probably work.

How tight does it have to be and do you care if the surface is damaged? I've got a pair of nylon-jawed pliers that I use on large connectors that would do it. If you don't care about the finish, any old set of pliers would probably work.
The problem is that it needs to sit inside the water hose hookup before it can be tightened as you can see from my third pic. The inly thing i can think of is a spanner or reverse pliers.

Don't see a third Pic. What is it for? Check valve on fresh water inlet? Does it thread in to the piece in the second Pic?

Don't see a third Pic. What is it for? Check valve on fresh water inlet? Does it thread in to the piece in the second Pic?
Sorry I only had two pics. It was the second one i was referring to. It just drops in there, so no threading, but by the time it is securely tightened, It will set that far recessed into the main hookup housing.

Sorry I only had two pics. It was the second one i was referring to. It just drops in there, so no threading, but by the time it is securely tightened, It will set that far recessed into the main hookup housing.
This is what the underside looks like.

Attachments

• 20241004_102913.jpg
    20241004_102913.jpg
    1.1 MB
Back