Delta 13/14 shower valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveVB

Reaction score
From the post below, I almost hijacked; I came here for sort of this problem. Where can I find the large o-ring for the cap assembly in the photo the original poster posted? I got the rebuild kit- small o-rings, seats and springs but no large o-ring???????? A complete kit will be cheaper than a $17 valve.....when you have 100 of them to do. Thank you for your help. DaveVB

That’s the cartridge O ring. Those don’t go bad. Why are you needing these ?

Surely you jest? An O-ring doesn't go bad? I have to go back and look where the water is actually coming from out of the handle area. Assumed the o-ring.
It may be coming through the plastic valve body is the other option? Looks like they formerly sold the "cap assembly" separate, but is now discontinued, replaced by the $80 valve body.

Surely you jest? An O-ring doesn't go bad? I have to go back and look where the water is actually coming from out of the handle area. Assumed the o-ring.
It may be coming through the plastic valve body is the other option? Looks like they formerly sold the "cap assembly" separate, but is now discontinued, replaced by the $80 valve body.
That’s the o ring seals the cartridge to the valve body and doesn’t move or have any moving parts that rub it so there’s no wear. That o ring outlasts the cartridge.

Delta still makes a cartridge to fit your faucet, they’ve updated the cartridge and it’s available for purchase.

Back