Cost of under slab plumbing in new addition

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasada

Reaction score
Cost of under slab plumbing in new addition
I'm new to the forum and would like to bounce this off you guys. I'm building a addition to my cabin and will be adding a new kitchen and bath including a shower.The plumbing will be under the new slab. The kitchen and bath will back to a common plumbing wall.The total distance to the old plumbing tie in is 18 feet from the furthest fixture and is a straight line. The plumber will also run hot and cold water lines to the plumbing wall.Even though I think I know the answer I would like a second oppinion.So........ is $ 1,200 a fair price for the rough as described.

Thanks,
Larry

It's really tough to give an opinion on these, Larry. There are a variety of things that different plumbers will see and different ways the install can be done. I would say 'yes', $1,200 sounds fair for the rough-in. I hope there is a plan for any cost over-runs on the job, just in case. It is also important that you trust the plumber. Not to sound cliche, but that IS priceless.

I agree with Cad. The price seems fair from some of the prices I have seen. Is this a job which will be permitted? Is an inspector going to double check his work prior to the pour? Just remember, once it's poured, it is a done deal and you will be living with the consequences.

of course its gonna be permited, since its an addtition it must me, otherwise the add on wont count if he sells

Thanks for the replies.The builder/trades will be pulling all the required permits.I thought about doing this work myself as the labor seems to be about 90% of the job cost.But if the price sounds reasonable you guys,I think I will have the professionals do it.Thanks again.
Larry

Back