Commercial S/S sink drain removal

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larbec

Reaction score
We have a restaurant that has a 3 compartment sink. I have a drain that has a slow leak and I believe the gasket needs to be replaced. Can you tell me how to take it a part? Do I just take off the black boot and unscrew it from the sink?

Thanks

Boot.jpg

drain.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Yes, it should unscrew from inside the sink. Since it has obviously been there for a long time, I would recommend soaking it overnight with PB Blaster or other penetrating lubricant. If it still won't budge, you may need to use a dremel or similar tool to cut it out. If so, be very delicate so as to not cut the S/S sink basin.

Find something like a flat pc of steel bar that will fit across the drain opening and in the slot in the 2nd photo looking down into the sink. This should unscrew from the brass fitting below. You can replace the whole assemblt with a standard kitchen sink basket strainer.

Thanks I will try and find a piece of metal to place in the slots and unscrew it, if not I will soak it to morrow night with some WD40

Water displacement (WD-40) is a whole bunch different than PB Blaster. It is used widely in the jeep repair world, and available at most big box hardware stores for about ~$4.00 a can. As they say...."Try it, you'll like it!"

Latest posts

Back