COLD valve under sink / replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Freddy

Reaction score
hi everyone ....swapped out our laundry room sink, when I turned on this valve for the COLD, no water flowed (HOT working fine) .....disconnected line at valve, opened valve slowly: no COLD water flow, zero ....valve feels spun or broken internally .....I see it's swaged onto the pex coming thru the wall .....is this something a very handy guy like myself can swap out ?.....if yes, any how-to advice appreciated .....once I have it off, I'd just go to my plumbing store, hand it to the guy and say "I need one of these" ....thanks all !

Attachments

• 0-9.jpeg
    0-9.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 0
I don't see why not. Better yet, look for the same brand and with some paste on the threads, just screw another valve on. Make sure to shut off water and remove the pressure from the cold water side.

oh, ok, so if push-on like shark bite, the method for me to remove it is ........? .....just watched a shark-bite video, I'll be sure to turn off water before I begin messing with removing it / trying to remove it .....any advice appreciated, thanks again guys

Last edited:
I myself have never used /seen a sharkbite or techtight fitting. It look like , according to that video, your just compressing that outer ring in, and it releases ?
They do look like cool fittings, but I don't know how much I'd trust them. I know, I know, I've see all kinds of arguments about how good and bad they are.
But when I installed my new delta faucets, they came with those type of push on connectors. Maybe there ok.

I didn´t know they can be dismounted!!! Sharkbite is magic, they do not exist where I come from (Argentina) and I learned them repairing (replacing) an old broken toilette valve here in Detroit. But I cutted the pipe and struggled with the short remaining pipe. It worked. Good to know it can be dismount. Thanks havasu!!

Back