Bathroom and Kitchen Code questions

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foplumbing

Reaction score
Debated on separating these as multiple posts, but here goes:

- Can i get away with installing a flat kitchen sink island with a loop vent. I have seen construction details showing this but the top of the loop doesn't (and can't) reach above the top of the sink

- What is considered an EMERGENCY floor drain. I am considering putting one in a house but having to deal with trap primers or lav-waste supply seems burdensome. Is the "emergency" portion a code issue or a tenant/use issue? Meaning, can we assume the floor drain is always used as a drain

- Back to the floor drain. Does the entire roof with the drain need to be pitched, or does the floor only need to be pitch at a certain distance from the drain? (the tiling work make because cumbersome with the former)

- Can i install a shower valve/handle next to a toilet to use as a bidet wand? Meaning, will and could an inspector complain about the lack of a floor drain (or even shower compartment) if i install one?

Back