Basement Sink Drain to Cleanout

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elwood

Reaction score
I need to install a drain on my basement sink, and the nearest option is a cleanout. I pasted some images together to illustrate the task. Is it possible to drain into the cleanout?

Attachments

• 240904 Sink Drain Diagram.jpg
    240904 Sink Drain Diagram.jpg
    636 KB · Views: 0
If AAVs are allowed in your area, you can do that. But the following would be a much better layout so that you keep your cleanout.
1725548626311.png

Of course, you'll need to remove the cleanout fitting to attach the larger Sanitary tee, add a reducing bushing for the drain line connection into the main line, and add a cleanout fitting on top. You can also use a wye instead of a Sanitary tee for the larger drain line, which might be preferable. And some will likely argue that the AAV connection should be a combo fitting instead of a Sanitary tee on its back. In this case, I don't think it would matter unless the AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) objects. The AAV should be installed at least 6" above the top of the sink if possible.

Latest posts

Back