What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked into Starlink and didn’t find anything about tiers plus for my region, they are offering the package at $299 instead of the $499. So I took the plunge and ordered the standard package, honestly for the same price as Viasat, anything would be better. I have a 40 ft boom lift so mounting the dish and running the cable should not be a problem.

The fact that Starlink won’t provide for professional installation services is interesting. I guess if it doesn’t work it’s through no fault of their own. My experience with satellite-based DirecTV says that dish alignment is not the easiest of chores but maybe the technology has come a long way since then.

I ditched direct TV 4 yrs ago and bought a smart tv. I also bought a very small indoor antenna for my local stations. I get CBS, NBC, abc, CNN , etc. Its all free.
We use DirecTV Stream via a ROKU streamer. With the acquisition of a new Google TV by Sony, we no longer need the streaming device as all the apps are built in. Our HOA frowns on outdoor antennas but they are bound by law to allow them. I am thinking about putting up a 25 element beam and rotator just to bug them.

I don't record anything. Why would I. I watch morning local news + morning national news. Same thing at night. I live alone, I can do whatever I please, maybe that's why I'm not controlled. 😁
Ahh, I see, I like certain shows and if I happen to be busy doing something else, then I can watch them later. Just thought you might have a creative way ....

Ahh, I see, I like certain shows and if I happen to be busy doing something else, then I can watch them later. Just thought you might have a creative way ....
I watch old re runs of gun smoke, tombstone territory, the fugitive, etc good tv to me. Back when it had a moral to the story.

I don't record anything. Why would I. I watch morning local news + morning national news. Same thing at night. I live alone, I can do whatever I please, maybe that's why I'm not controlled. 😁
Nice. Sometimes I wish I lived alone but that wish passes quickly.

Renewed my CCW in Utah and Fla just because.

I find it funny that Gunsmoke must post a disclaimer in the first few seconds that this TV show depicted scenes that were accepted "back in the day", but are not accepted today. Like placing someone in jail, like yelling at people, and sometimes shooting a bad buy.

I'm glad I am closer to the end than the beginning. This current world is completely out of control!

I find it funny that Gunsmoke must post a disclaimer in the first few seconds that this TV show depicted scenes that were accepted "back in the day", but are not accepted today. Like placing someone in jail, like yelling at people, and sometimes shooting a bad buy.

I'm glad I am closer to the end than the beginning. This current world is completely out of control!
Absolutly agree.... !!!!

Agreed. I had the honor of living in America when she was at her zenith. Can you imagine any of the Mel Brooks classics being made today? Or even Monty Python or Benny Hill?

Last edited:
Back