Water Neutralizer - Fleck 5600

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Brown

Reaction score
Hola -

I have a 25 year old acid neutralizer. Park 1040 resin tank (13 gal), Fleck 5600 (I think) back flush valve. I am assuming the Fleck is the same for a neutralizer as a softener, minus the brine valve as that port has a plug in it.

I had a jam and lost flow through the tank and dumped the tank contents, rinsed everything out, refilled with 20# of gravel and 200# of calcite (and a little bit of Corosex because I'm old school). The media is about 14" below the top of the tank.

I'm not a plumber

I filled it gently from the top before I reinstalled the Fleck.

I immediately tried to back flush it and water shot out everywhere from the valve assembly. Never had any issues before with it. I disassembled it and everything looked kosher. Rubber gasket-spacer-spacer-rubber gasket-valve. Still leaked except when I push the valve all the way down.

I'm looking online for parts and trying to avoid the Chinese crap. The issue is that the parts breakdowns I see show 4 spacers and I have two. It's possible I lost one but I doubt it. I didn't lose two. Is there an underlying issue I'm not seeing?

TIA

Back