Water control panel - Balanced? Residential

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newfie

Reaction score
Hello All.

I am looking to find out more information on a product I seen many years ago on TV.. Holmes on Homes to be exact. I remember doing some research at the time and liked the concept, but it was brief. I also remember it being hard to find at the time as I forgot what they called it or they didn't call it anything..

Basically its a panel at an central location that the main water line goes into and distributes from there. The one on the show was copper and it was in an loop and had valves coming out for each individual line going to sink, tub, toilet, etc.. It had both cold and hot loops. You could shut off any line from this one place as each line had a shut off.

I remember searching this and finding one that seemed even better at the time. It was for pex I believe at it was smaller package. The middle section was black and may have been abs or something and the valves coming off for hot and cold were colored red and blue. Hot came out on one side with red shut off valves and blue came out the other side with shut off valves. I believe the one I was looking at the time had 8 hot on one side and 8 cold on the other with 2 inputs on top for cold and hot.

I am not even sure I want to go this route yet as I haven't been able to find it since to research it again. I am usually pretty good at finding things online, but I have typed in many combinations of what I think it would be called in google and came up blank. I even searched this forum and found nothing with the keywords choosen. Most things I do find seem to be geared toward water plants or commercial applications. I cannot find it for residential.

I remember the guy on the show comparing it to a fuse panel for electrical. A central place to control you water flow and keeping the whole home pressure balanced. I like the concept. Please tell me I am not nuts and this exist. Hopefully providing the proper name for this and maybe even a link if allowed to see it.

Big thanks!

You're looking for a pex "manifold". Try searching it again or call a local plumbing supply house. They should know what you are looking for by your description. There are a variety on the market.

You're looking for a pex "manifold". Try searching it again or call a local plumbing supply house. They should know what you are looking for by your description. There are a variety on the market.

Awesome, thank you very much.. Just saw the one I was trying to describe and that is manabloc I think it would have been long time before I tried the word manifold.

Again, thank you !!! Cheers!

Back