Unsure how moisture/water is getting behind faucet mounting nuts

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greggor3636

Reaction score
Hello - I installed a brand new Delta faucet this past weekend for my parents. I also installed two new stainless steel flexible supply lines/pipes along with the faucet. I placed some newspaper on the floor of the sink cabinet to see if there are any water drips then they will show. The sink was used a handful of times and sat unused for about 6 hours. However, the last time I checked there was a spot on the newspaper about the size of a 50 cent piece. I double-checked both ends of both supply lines and they seem fine. I then looked up under the sink where the faucet mounting nuts are located and there appears to be moisture just on the outside of one of the nuts above the wet newspaper. I tightened both mounting nuts more but the moisture is still there. I tightened them so much I broke off a couple of the wings on the mounting nuts. Does anyone have any idea how the moisture/water could be behind the mounting nuts? What did I do wrong? I've tightened them as much as I possibly can. Also, if I need to remove the mounting nuts and start over again, does anyone have any tips on how to unloosen them when several of the wings are now gone? I have attached a couple of pictures showing the area under the sink with the moisture/wet part circled. Thank you!Image 1.jpegImage 2.jpegImage 3.jpg

Ugh, unfortunately I do not. My parents live 40 minutes away. Might be a few days before I get back for a pic.

Back