Toilette bubble and next door utility room flood ????

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armymen

Reaction score
Hi,
im living in a condo, and i have issue with my pluming.
Last time i call a blumber it cost me over 750$ because he get the snake stock in my toilette, so anyway i try here now, lol

Ok My issue is :
1 - The drain on the picture is alway wet, and usualy not always look only liquid in there. Should that drain be dry insted ?
2 - When i take a shower, my toilette bubble, then the drain in the storage room flood.

I Already when on my roof, check the air vent, its good to go, also i pass a snake ( dont know how its call ) in the vent everything look normal.

I also want to specify i dont have a basement. Its all in 1 floor.

Thanks too you all
blumbing.png

You have a main line stoppage. As far as seeing water in the floor drain, what you a seeing is the water in the trap, which is the way it should be. When it overflows the floor drain that is a indication of a main line stoppage.

John

So what cause that ? How can this be fix ?
i usually fix temporary by put the snake into the drain and push whatever get stock, but why stuff get stuck all the time ? I don't know what could be the scenario ?

It could be that the snake your using is to small to do the job. If the snake is to small all it does is poke holes in the stoppage and not remove it.

John
the snake is the size of my thumb, not big enough ? :(

ok thanks, i dont have one for the moment, working on it.
Also where you think its block ?
If i get one of those draino product ( liquid stuff ) will it fix the isssue ?

No, Draino might possibly eat a small hole through the blockage, same as an undersized snake, and leave you with the same problem again in the near future. If it doesn't do even that, then you have a drain full of caustic chemical that you have to deal with. Not good.

So where you think its block and I should do the snake?

Last edited:
Back