Pvc cement/solvent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe I didn't think of that because when I buy them new, I always have to use channel lock plier to open them for the first time. I finaly finished the huge irrigation project from sub panel all the way to the nozzles so I went through 4 sets of solvent and primer. 700 feet of PVC for the irrigation zones, 120 feet of PVC just to supply water from the artesian well to the small pond, and all the big PVC for the new pump locations and re-direction of the well head source. I noticed at the professional irrigation supply place they sell giant cans of Christies PVC solvent and primer. All that digging is finally over. Probably saved 5 to 7,000 dollars. (the 120 feet of PVC I buried to supply the pond had to be dug under landscaping rocks so it was a lot of careful moving of the rocks, separating the dirt, and relocating the rocks back again). But long story short, I would have saved money if I bought the giant contractor cans of Christies PVC glue. It took me months though. The professionals would have been done in a week or two. LOL.
Go to Home Depot and buy a "Weld-On" E-Z Twist Can Opener. $5.20 Sku#1002184876 Works easier than channel-locks and doesn't crush the top.

In many areas, the code requires a purple primer to verify inspectors' compliance with the fact that both cement and primer were used. Some parts of the country used to allow red, green, or purple colors. One-step cement/primer products are available that are rated for up to 6" diameter pipe, including one that is clear. That will not meet inspection requirements but will eliminate purple streaks.
Inspectors are usually idiots. Just pour a little purple primer in your clear pvc glue and rock on. 🤣

Go to Home Depot and buy a "Weld-On" E-Z Twist Can Opener. $5.20 Sku#1002184876 Works easier than channel-locks and doesn't crush the top.
There’s a sucker born every minute to buy a tool to use on fictional problems. 🤡✌️

Back