Pump not turning on

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice catch ! But I think he said he replaced it.. maybe he replaced that too.
But your exactly right no power at breaker -> = no power anywhere else.
Now I'm wondering if when he snaps the breaker on, it immediatly faults out.
That's his old box and he said he replaced it with a new box. If something was mis-wired or a wire was fried at some point he can't see, the breaker immediately tripping can be happening, but that should be quite evident.

That's his old box and he said he replaced it with a new box. If something was mis-wired or a wire was fried at some point he can't see, the breaker immediately tripping can be happening, but that should be quite evident.
You would think so. One mistake I made once was putting in a breaker for a tablesaw. It just wouldn't work. I tested and found 115 on each leg but nothing if I checked across them.. dummy , I put the breaker on the same leg in the box.

Nice catch ! But I think he said he replaced it.. maybe he replaced that too.
But your exactly right no power at breaker -> = no power anywhere else.
Now I'm wondering if when he snaps the breaker on, it immediatly faults out.
Nice catch also. I've been stymied by a breaker that I thought was on but was actually off. Sometimes it's difficult to tell. Wouldn't it be refreshing for him to reset the breaker only to find out that things now work? Nah, I should have kept my mouth shut.

Well, I thought the problem was going to be something simple and it was... after testing the capacitance of the breaker switch, I started tracing the wires in the breaker box and found an additional box for a generator hook-up. The switches in the box were turned to the off position. The fix was simply switching the switches in there to the line position...

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful advice. I've learned a lot.

Joe

Back