Plumbing layout help needed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benbrit

Reaction score
Hello, I would like to introduce myself as a new member. My name is Benjamin and I am currently undergoing a small DIY remodel to a bathroom. In the attached file below, I have two floor plans of the bathroom. The one on the right being the existing layout, and the one on the left being the new layout. I have torn out the existing entrance wall, and expanded out, to allow for me to relocate the sink. Now I would also like to say I am as new to plumbing as one could possibly get and that's why I'm hoping someone is willing to give me some insight in to my problem, and hopefully help me come up with a solution. The existing plumbing vent was in the wall that I demolished and I would like to keep it in it's location so I am not required to touch the roof at this given time. To sum up my issue, I'm wondering if the layout on the left would be a viable solution to keeping the plumbing vent in it's current location. Can I run my sink drain in the back wall and run it to the vent? Is one vent sufficient? Do I need to tie to the vent above the vanity?

I am more than happy to provide as much information as I can to help someone understand the situation a bit more if needed. I thank anyone who is willing to respond in advance.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    61 KB
You will need to add length of the pipe runs and elevation maps to provide the needed information.

You will need to add length of the pipe runs and elevation maps to provide the needed information.
I hope this helps. I'll have to do some more research on fittings and whatnot but I basically just need to know if this will even work. If you need anything else please let me know. Sorry if it's difficult to read/understand.

This thread is open to anyone, so if someone else sees this, all input is welcome! Thank you.

Attachments

• PLUMBING ROCKY POINT.jpg
    PLUMBING ROCKY POINT.jpg
    201.6 KB
You have a bunch of problem. The tub has no P-trap, the sink P-trap is not vented making it an illegal S-trap. And yes, you will need to consider all the fittings rather than the ones shown.
But that is one outstanding diagram.
Here are some helpful diagrams.
1720841197967.png
1720841267159.png

Back