Plumbing boiler feed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtbartlett

Reaction score
Hello. This is my first post here. I am a DIY homeowner replacing an oil fired boiler with a new Budereus oil boiler. The boiler only supplies baseboard heat, no DHW. I am setting up my lines but I have a question regarding the boiler supply line and the return lines from the baseboards. Is it OK to use a Tee at the return line port of the boiler, or is it better to plumb the supply line to the base of the flow check valve in the returning line from the baseboards. The flow check valve I am using has 3 ports (2 checked into a single). The boiler is set up with a Taco 007 drawing from the return lines back into the boiler. Also is is better to plumb the feed before or after the circulation pump? I was thinking that there would be pressure from the supply line (city pressure cut down to 12 PSI) interfering with the draw from the baseboard return line. Thanks in advance for any help. This is my first time doing this so I'd like to do it once!.

It really doesn't matter where you tie the auto feed in. We tied it into the return line above the circulator. Once the system is full and the air is removed the system can run for a long time with out the need for more water to be added. Many think that the circulator is a pump, it isn't as it can't increase pressure. All it dose is create a slight differential in pressure between the feed and return side of the boiler. Take a look at the motor there only 1/16 hp.

John

Back