Not really plumbing, but close enough - clearing buried drain lines

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgilley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, i have a number of buried corrugated plastic pipe that my downspouts send their water too, well, "sent". My boys are grown now, but they hated me for making them cut the grass, so they just beat the hell out of my downspouts and pipe. I won't get into the fact that they shot holes into my vinyl siding with their bb guns....

So, I have two outside drain lines that need to be cleared. I'm going to try the hose off the county pressure to see what I can do. One line is 20', the other is 50'. Any tips, clues or wisdom welcome.

Of it's clogged or smashed as you stated you might have to reroute them above ground. Buy and installing new ones will make the most sense in terms of time management.

Corrugated drains, if they build up junk inside are pretty much toast unless you can get some pro with a jetter system out there.
Replacing with smooth drains and adding cleanouts is long term option.

If you can get a pressure ballon in to the opening, home Depot makes different sizes in the drain cleaning section. It's a rubber " balloon" you connect to a garden hose and it shoots a pressurized stream of water down the drain I do agree with breplum in his last sentence

Latest posts

Back