NEED HELP PLZ Identify

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verbl

Reaction score
I need help really badly on finding out exactly what this is and where I can buy one ASAP. If anyone of you fine people can tell me what model pipe and where to get it it will make my year. in the middle of it there is a "ring" type thing I will post pics below. You guys will be heroes of the day I promise. Do not forget bragging rights also for naming the mystery piece by sight alone LOL.

find this pipe.jpg

center joint.jpg

The picture doesn't show whether the connections are solvent weld or threaded. It is a union type ball valve, Schedule 80. Although I cannot be sure from your pictures, I THINK it is ABS plastic. These valves are also available in Sch 80 PVC and Sch 80 CPVC. The type of plastic that it is made from should be molded somewhere on the valve. It is important that you get a valve made out of the same type of plastic if you are going to be gluing it inline.

Phish the connections to me look to be plastic compression connections? Almost like a double union ball valve? I will search for a pic.

Last edited:
Like this. Just google Double union ball valve to find a local supplier but you will need to know still what kind of material yours is made from.

ball-valve.jpg

I took these photos from a video on youtube and they are threaded. And Thank you all for helping me so promptly. you guys are great unlike other plumbing forums that I have tried

I will post a follow up as soon as I am done. PS I am recommending this forum to my family and friends.

I wish my cousin would read this forum. I just got back from one of those late afternoon calls that started with, "Umm, uhh, I have a leak under the sink....umm, can I use putty....?" Do you need me to come over to help? "YES!"

Back