Moen Cartridge

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know (that I purchased a 1 and 7 o'clock one, a 1222HD, although haven't replaced the old one yet) and thanks! Regarding the Posi-Temp feature, is it automatic or is there something adjustable?
Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure which feature your asking about in regard to the Posi-Temp cartridge.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure which feature your asking about in regard to the Posi-Temp cartridge.
No, it's me that's probably missing something. Is there something in the installation of the cartridge that you can set to limit the maximum water temperature, as in the name Posi-Temp, that the cartridge will allow to come out. Maybe the term Posi-Temp is confusing me.

No, it's me that's probably missing something. Is there something in the installation of the cartridge that you can set to limit the maximum water temperature, as in the name Posi-Temp, that the cartridge will allow to come out. Maybe the term Posi-Temp is confusing me.
There's not a limit stop integral to the cartridge, it is external as part of the handle installation. The Posi-Temp is the first one piece pressure balancing cartridge Moen made. The pressure balancing feature is designed to prevent and limit large temperature swings and possible scalding that would occur if a toilet was flushed or faucet was used while someone was in the shower.

Latest posts

Back