Moen Cartridge

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue157

Reaction score
So I’m trying to replace a Moen Cartridge but I have a plastic piece in the way and it’s not part of the cartridge. It’s not allowing access to the shaft cover which I sure needs to come off. Ideas? Suggestions?IMG_6797.jpeg

Last edited:
a picture might help. cartridges don't have plastic extensions that wouldn't come off.

a picture might help. cartridges don't have plastic extensions that wouldn't come off.
Hopefully it attached this time.
Remove that sleeve. Should just pull straight out. It looked like someone glued it in?
I tried pulling in the sleeve but it won’t budge and not sure if it’s attached to anything behind that white plastic piece. I put channel locks in the sleeve but I didn’t want to bend it, afraid the handle won’t go back on. I’m not sure why that white piece is there or where it’s for.

Attachments

• IMG_6797.jpeg
    IMG_6797.jpeg
    1.8 MB
White plastic stays on. The sleeve isn’t attached other than being slipped on, it pulls straight off toward you.

The cartridge is held into the valve body by a “ clip “. Turn water off before removing the clip.

Last edited:
Someone siliconed the sleeve on. Take a box cutter and cut off the silicone. Then pull back towards you.

White plastic stays on. The sleeve isn’t attached other than being slipped on, it pulls straight off toward you.

The cartridge is held into the valve body by a “ clip “. Turn water off before removing the clip.
The sleeve isn’t siliconed in the front and when pulled on it moves the entire pipe section.

Back