Long Run

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specky

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a modular home that is 66 ft long and 27 ft wide. The kitchen is located on the end and the drainage exit is a 45 to 50 ft run. I have lived here for 15 years and it has clogged every year more than once. I have to snake it several times a year. I believe the pitch was done wrong by my plumbing contractor. That being said and long ago how can I fix the problem?

The basement is finished so I don't want to have to reconstruct it! Is there a way to pump it out with some kind of ejection pump? I am tired of this never ending project.

Thanks,
B

No matter what you do, youre going to run to into problems.

I dont like putting kitchen sinks into pump systems, because without fail at some point its going to stop working because the grease build up on the float will weigh it down, and the pump wont activate. Then youre cursing again. No matter how many times you say "i dont put grease down the drain!"....trust me. Its the nature of what you use the sink for. Besides, if the pipe is back graded, it will still plug up the drain. Ejection pumps are made to lift the water so far, so it can drain away naturally, not force through plugged pipe. Chances are you will burn up the pump within a few years of use.

The best thing to do, is to correct the grade on the pipe. Chances are its 1 1/2".....change it to 2" and grade it at 1/4" per foot.

Last edited:
No matter what you do, youre going to run to into problems.

I dont like putting kitchen sinks into pump systems, because without fail at some point its going to stop working because the grease build up on the float will weigh it down, and the pump wont activate. Then youre cursing again. No matter how many times you say "i dont put grease down the drain!"....trust me. Its the nature of what you use the sink for. Besides, if the pipe is back graded, it will still plug up the drain. Ejection pumps are made to lift the water so far, so it can drain away naturally, not force through plugged pipe. Chances are you will burn up the pump within a few years of use.

The best thing to do, is to correct the grade on the pipe. Chances are its 1 1/2".....change it to 2" and grade it at 1/4" per foot.

matt gave you good advice.

anything besides correcting the problem is a bandaid

Latest posts

Back