Layout pipe sizing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkn

Reaction score
Looking for help confirming sizing and making any tweaks to this multi-floor layout for a new stack.
I've worked on copper and ABS plumbing a few times, but this is the largest project i've done before.

Second floor plan:
plumbing_second.jpg

—roof—
3” 90 <- 5’ horizontal vent run <- 1.5” San-T vent joins <- 4’ run <- 2” San-T vent joins <- 3” to 4” <- exit gable attic side wall
—attic—

3” stack up
2” San-T t <- 5’ horizontal run <- double vanity <- 2" 90 <- 1.5” vent up to attic
3” stack up

—second floor—
3” stack up
3” San-T t <- 3" sweep 90 <- 2” San-T (2" ptrap to washing machine above) <- 3" sweep 90 <- 3" San-T (to toilet above) <- 3" reduced to 2” <- 2" Wye ( ptrap to tub/shower (above) <- 2” vent up to attic
3” stack up

—main floor—
double 1.5” San-T <- 4’ shower & 2’ vanity (above)
3” San-T <- 10” run <- sweep 90 <- toilet (above)
2” San-T <- 2" 10’ run <- sweep 90 <- kitchen sink & dishwasher (above) <- sure-vent (in wall)
3” stack up
3” existing cast iron clean-out (next phase of reno will replace during basement remodel

—basement floor—
3” existing cast iron / ceramic? horizontal drain to street

Main floor plan:
plumbing_main.jpg

Basement floor plan:
plumbing_basement.jpg

plumbers do not run drainage piping parallel to building lines like this . we run from one fixture to another on diagonals , we want to keep the runs as short as possible and avoid bends like 90 .

plumbers do not run drainage piping parallel to building lines like this . we run from one fixture to another on diagonals , we want to keep the runs as short as possible and avoid bends like 90 .
in the basement that's fine, on the other floors, it's either because it's in a wall, or in a bulkhead, which seemed better than dropping the entire ceiling ceiling down

If it were me i would run 2 stacks up. One would be around where you have the current and then another around the northeast corner, assuming north is the top of your layout. Then tie the vents in the attic before you go out the roof. What type of floor joist are you using, might play into the layout. What does your jurisdiction say about trap primers for that new floor drain you are adding.

Back