Inconsistent water flow from shower

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dallascisco

Reaction score
Our main shower has a water pressure issue with hot water. As you increase the heat of the water the pressure goes down considerably. If you move it back to colder water good pressure returns. The other interesting thing is the difference in flow changes with each usage. Our other shower does not have the same problem.

It sounds like you may need a new cartridge. The problem is Kohler changes there the faucet design very often. With out seeing it we can't tell you where to find one. You could try calling Kohler and the may be able to help you if you can give them a description of it.

John

IMAG0155.jpg

If it is a cartridge issue, find out where the faucet was purchased from. I had a problem with my sink faucet. I went to Rona and told them, They had replacement cartridges. They gave it to me for free. I guess this is part of the warranty on these faucets.

This faucet was installed by the previous home owner at best so I have no idea of the age or the purchase place. Would it be just as simple to have my plumber replace the faucet?

John,

Your link was very helpful and I will show it to my plumber. My wife and I were at Home Depot last night and found a serviceable replacement faucet system for 60 bucks so we decided to simply replace it.

At $60, I am worried that it is a Glacier Bay. That brand does not have a very good reputation. I would go with either a Delta or a Moen. They won't cost that much more.

Back