How to identify a commercial faucet?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wopachop

Reaction score
Sorry for the horrible pictures. Told a friend i can replace the valves in the leaking faucets. Not seeing any type of brand name. Located in Southern California if that helps determine possible brands.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240718_182353_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240718_182353_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240718_182402_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240718_182402_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Wow you guys are good!!! Was told they found the words Fisher USA on the second picture just like you guessed.
Thanks for the links. Hopefully i can find some videos online of people replacing the valves.
Im all ears if you have any tips.
In a commercial setting is it more common to replace the entire fixure since they get heavy use?

just replace the stems/handles complete with seat.

It’s simple, unscrew the nut under the handle and the pull the stem/seat out.

Of course turn the water off first to the faucet itself.

I would avoid the stem with the built-in check valve it's only a small spring and I have seen the jam up best way to avoid hot/cold crossover is to install a check valve on the copper feeding the faucet orbe mindful that when the pre rinse sprayer is not in use shut off the hot and cold handles
That does not work at my job , because the kitchen staff are so busy the forget and leave the handles on

Very imformative i was wondering about that check valve. Could this be the reason they dont get hot water to some of the sinks? Its a tankless heater. She had a guy come out to check it and said the water heater is fine. They have to turn on mulitple faucets and let them run for awhile before the water comes out hot.

I dont understant that part. If they only open the hot valve, how can cold water be mixing in? Is the cold water check valve actually stuck open even though the handle is closed?

Very imformative i was wondering about that check valve. Could this be the reason they dont get hot water to some of the sinks? Its a tankless heater. She had a guy come out to check it and said the water heater is fine. They have to turn on mulitple faucets and let them run for awhile before the water comes out hot.

I dont understant that part. If they only open the hot valve, how can cold water be mixing in? Is the cold water check valve actually stuck open even though the handle is closed?
Both hot and cold faucets have to be left on with the OUTLET off for crossover to occur.

Most tankless water heater have a minimum activation flow rate. Usually somewhere around 0.5 gpm. If the flow sensor is not working right or there is crossover it could take more flow to activate the water heater.

Latest posts

Back